Carolina Panthers

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Public apology by tomorrow at the latest. It was wrong, but I thought it was ****ty of that reporter to blow it up the way she did. Sounds like she was mostly pissed that he didn't even know her name.

No. It was damned right of the reporter to blow it up the way she did.

I work in an industry that puts up with that kind of bullshit routinely, and that's exactly what it is, bullshit.

People will get right when their reputations and wallets suffer. Not until.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
she didn't even blow it up. another reporter mentioned it first on twitter and from then on she was responding to alternating waves of misogyny and sympathy. and yeah, social media does not handle situations like this well because society as a whole doesn't handle them well.

congrats to Cam, he enabled a situation where a woman gets horrible garbage rained down on her for 18 hours because he couldn't make a simple and heart-felt apology. he's so much smarter than this.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Don't get me wrong, his comment was stupid, the follow-up was stupid, and he deserves to take a ton of shit for it, particularly when you look at the irony of his (rightful) outrage over someone questioning a black qb's ability to understand an offense. This exchange was just cringe worthy and makes me question what really set her off:

Rodrigue ended by asking Newton – whom she had introduced herself to on the first day of her employment with The Observer in October 2016 – if he knew her name after she had covered the team almost every day for the past year.
Newton said he did not.
“Jourdan Rodrigue, Charlotte Observer,” she said, and then walked away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->