GDT: Carolina Hurricanes will beat the Vancouver Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
That was a fun game. What was not fun was listening to the rednecks behind us talk about their trucknuts, workout regiment, and critiques about how tonight was "so gay" and how everyone who was shown on the video screen regarding the Hockey is for Everyone initiative was a, and I quote, "f-cking f-ggot"

Not once did they cheer for either team. They talked through all goal celebrations, and at one point spent a few minutes going into detail about the sexual acts the guy wanted to perform on the girl he was with.

Not the best look for Section 102.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
no

they won't
latest

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Can you elaborate more on the "truck nuts" portion of the discourse? I find it fascinating.
Was it anything like the following:
"Can you beleive the price of truck nuts these days? Its patently outrageous!"
"Did you know that they now offer truck nuts made out of solid silver?"
One guy asked the other which truck he brought to the game, and he said the blue one, and the other said "the one with the hanging nuts?" And he said yep and they talked about how they didn't stand out enough for their liking and it needed to be something more flesh colored to really get the point home on what they are.

Then they talked about how they were going to City Limits after the game before leaving with 10 minutes left in the third.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
That was a fun game. What was not fun was listening to the rednecks behind us talk about their trucknuts, workout regiment, and critiques about how tonight was "so gay" and how everyone who was shown on the video screen regarding the Hockey is for Everyone initiative was a, and I quote, "f-cking f-ggot"

Not once did they cheer for either team. They talked through all goal celebrations, and at one point spent a few minutes going into detail about the sexual acts the guy wanted to perform on the girl he was with.

Not the best look for Section 102.
Sounds EXACTLY like the people behind me 5-10 games ago that I complained about here. It’s awful and an unfortunate side effect of the cheaper prices

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I would be happier about the win if the nucks hadn’t been borderline AHL’ish. Would’ve liked to see Boeser too.

Still, these are the games the most recent versions of this team would’ve found a way to lose or at least make interesting. These are the games we should be able to play our struggling back up and easily win, if we’re a playoff team. So well done. Don’t screw it up tonight against the Avs. They’ve been reeling a bit since they pulled off the ten game streak. Without Mack they’re not the same so similar to the Nucks without Boeser but the Avs are way quicker up front with more options. They’re weakness is the defense, a quick start tonight would be huge.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
You and BLB should sell your tickets. We REAL fans don’t want you negative Nancy’s around.

No where did I put my rose colored glasses? I wonder if I left them hanging off of my truck nut sack.

Great effort and fun game. I guess PDG just earned another 30 games in the lineup. He was pretty good aside from the goal, though.

It was good to see Darling play solidly and the team also show up in front of him.

I used to be a big fan of PDG, especially with his season 2 years ago. But after last year's big come down and his futility this year, I thought I was just mistaken. The reality is he plays pretty well around the net, isn't afraid to mix it up, and is best when engaged physically. I haven't seen much of that this year from him and I think it has shown on the score sheet. In the end, he's probably not as good as I had hoped he'd be, but not as bad as I'd come to believe. I'm happy that he proved me wrong and made me eat more crow.

See I'm a team first guy....

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
One guy asked the other which truck he brought to the game, and he said the blue one, and the other said "the one with the hanging nuts?" And he said yep and they talked about how they didn't stand out enough for their liking and it needed to be something more flesh colored to really get the point home on what they are.

"Guys, couldn't help overhearding. Dave sells some huge black ones at his garage in Wendell."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad