GDT: Carolina Hurricanes vs New Jersey Devils: Total Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Stafford is -20 lol

I realize that +/- isn't a great stat, but man that really stands out on a team that is basically even in GF/GA

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Stafford is -20 lol

I realize that +/- isn't a great stat, but man that really stands out on a team that is basically even in GF/GA

I know the Devils shouldn't be spending assets on rentals. HOWEVER... what about a guy like Radim Vrbata from Florida as a third line RW to replace Stafford.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Rags won't trade with us, but a Gibbons-Coleman-Grabner line sounds pretty sweet. I just want someone with speed and energy over Stafford, he's such a slug. If he was still scoring occasionally I could deal with his lack of intensity/speed...but he isn't.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Nico's development is reminding me a lot of Stamkos' development. Both entered the league lacking strength but with high skill, and got better as the season went on.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yeah nico really looks like he's figured something out the past couple games and has elevated his play a lot. great sign of things to come

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Went last night for the first time in a good while (my schedule has been hell for a few months), that was about as comfortable a win as we've gotten to see in ages by the time the 3rd really got rolling.

I was figuring that lately the younger guys were starting to get tired, but watching the last couple of games it's starting to seem like they've caught another wind; the curse of youth is inexperience and sometimes a lack of endurance for an 82 game schedule, but the gift of youth is, well, having young legs and an ability to bounce back.

If they have indeed bounced back, then there's no reason not to charge back toward the #2 spot in the division; it's well within reach.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Stafford is -20 lol

C'mon, how is Shero supposed to move him for a 6th round pick with you pointing stuff like that out? Everyone knows that real NHL GMs peruse this site for trade recommendations and validations on who won their last trade.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
remember when Nico was gasping for breath earlier in the season by the 3rd period? he definitely took it another level.

I didn't think he'd necessarily flame out, but I did think Nico would have some serious conditioning issues as we headed into January and February.

The fact that he's been able to find another gear is amazing, considering his age and how underripe he is. It's very encouraging for what's yet to come.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I didn't think he'd necessarily flame out, but I did think Nico would have some serious conditioning issues as we headed into January and February.

The fact that he's been able to find another gear is amazing, considering his age and how underripe he is. It's very encouraging for what's yet to come.
don't forget, this is only his 2nd year on North American ice. That is the most impressive part to me.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015

He did seem to hit a bit of a wall in the last month, especially when Hall went down for a few games, but damn has he come back stronger than ever.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
After crapping on Kinkaid I gotta eat crow for now I guess. Hope he can keep playing decent enough for the team to keep winning until Cory returns.

I would just caution you to not get your hopes up lol. he’s an average backup. he’ll have really good games, really bad games, and a lot in the middle. but, as I’ve been saying for weeks, he’s given us a chance to win in the vast majority of games he’s played in, and as a result we are somehow still in the playoff race with cory out.

Reactions: Aethon

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Drinks were had. Apologies

Not at all, could see you meant 'incredible' there.

Given the past five years or so and the occasional abysmal slump this team has, drinks during Devils games is pretty much mandatory.

There's a standing deal where I always drive up to games and my wife drives back because I almost always get lit for the matchups.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Not at all, could see you meant 'incredible' there.

Given the past five years or so and the occasional abysmal slump this team has, drinks during Devils games is pretty much mandatory.

There's a standing deal where I always drive up to games and my wife drives back because I almost always get lit for the matchups.
Haha yeah I mean sometimes there’s just no other way to do it

Reactions: mtnet

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
30 5v5 points compared to Hall's 34.

That's pretty crazy, Nico's definitely been great 5 on 5. It's a mix of him not being on the top unit, our 2nd unit being terrible and Nico just not playing too well on the power play anyway that's led to his lack of his success there.

That's fine with me, he's too talented a player to not figure it out eventually.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Nico's development is reminding me a lot of Stamkos' development. Both entered the league lacking strength but with high skill, and got better as the season went on.
I think he's going to out produce Stamkos' rookie season :).

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
After crapping on Kinkaid I gotta eat crow for now I guess. Hope he can keep playing decent enough for the team to keep winning until Cory returns.
Thats everyones hope.... assume kk will start most games, if not all. I don't think cory will return next weeked, esp since Steve didn't even have a sure answer as if he could resume skating next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->