Confirmed with Link: Carolina Hurricanes Sale - He Dundon it.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Stastny alone in place of Ryan or Rask would probably have us in playoff position honestly, and that's even with considering him more of a #2.
But he is 32 on 27th December, will ask for huge contract and will be shit after few years. He would help us in short term, but we would shoot ourselves in foot with him IMO.

Really happy that sale is happening!!

Last edited:

zetajerk

Jan 1, 2015
Amazing how upset this news has made some people.

I know, it's not like they can't still antagonize Coyotes and Panthers fans.

I just looked this up to make sure, the Islanders are #31 in attendance this year. Like, dead last, below us and the other two despised teams. And the Isles also have arena problems and are totally dependent on the subsidy they get from Barklays. I'm so shocked that nobody is mad about that.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I know, it's not like they can't still antagonize Coyotes and Panthers fans.

I just looked this up to make sure, the Islanders are #31 in attendance this year. Like, dead last, below us and the other two despised teams. And the Isles also have arena problems and are totally dependent on the subsidy they get from Barklays. I'm so shocked that nobody is mad about that.

Unfortunately for the Isles they're in a no-win situation right now. I'm convinced if it wasn't for their dynasty in the 80's they would have relocated to Atlanta or somewhere warm in the 90's. Hell they were a prime relocation candidate throughout much of the decade anyway. They kind of strike me as, dare I say, Hartford? Big enough market I guess in their case which Hartford has never been, but like Hartford overshadowed by the Rangers/Devils/Bruins, playing in an old outdated arena for years, and in a state that taxes everyone to death. Barclays has been an absolute disaster.

I actually don't want them to relocate (for that matter I don't want any team to relocate and that goes for the Sens/Flames too). There's a lot of history there, they've got a solid rivalry with the Rangers, and they represent Long Island more so than any other team. I don't know a lot about Long Island but the former Long Islanders I've met over the years seem to prefer LI being its own entity rather than being associated with NYC.

I'm not going to lie, after dealing with the QC vultures the last 3 years I'm very much enjoying their pity party over the realization were anchored here for the long haul. It's taking a lot of restraint to not reply to every suggestion the team might still move later on.

Do yourself a favor, don't visit Twitter. You'll be replying and re-replying until the end of time.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Unfortunately for the Isles they're in a no-win situation right now. I'm convinced if it wasn't for their dynasty in the 80's they would have relocated to Atlanta or somewhere warm in the 90's. Hell they were a prime relocation candidate throughout much of the decade anyway. They kind of strike me as, dare I say, Hartford? Big enough market I guess in their case which Hartford has never been, but like Hartford overshadowed by the Rangers/Devils/Bruins, playing in an old outdated arena for years, and in a state that taxes everyone to death. Barclays has been an absolute disaster.

I actually don't want them to relocate (for that matter I don't want any team to relocate and that goes for the Sens/Flames too). There's a lot of history there, they've got a solid rivalry with the Rangers, and they represent Long Island more so than any other team. I don't know a lot about Long Island but the former Long Islanders I've met over the years seem to prefer LI being its own entity rather than being associated with NYC.

Do yourself a favor, don't visit Twitter. You'll be replying and re-replying until the end of time.

They definitely don't associate with NYC out there. I grew up in NYC until I was 9, and then my parents moved us out to the Hamptons. My first day of public school out there I had to fight. They gathered around me at recess chanting "city slicker! city slicker!"

This was 1982 (yes kids, we actually used to have fistfights at recess) in the midst of the Isles dynasty. They were pretty big even way out east. I wore Islanders shirts and stuff but never saw many games on tv. Plus Uniondale was like a 2 hour drive, so we never went to one live.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
They definitely don't associate with NYC out there. I grew up in NYC until I was 9, and then my parents moved us out to the Hamptons. My first day of public school out there I had to fight. They gathered around me at recess chanting "city slicker! city slicker!"

This was 1982 (yes kids, we actually used to have fistfights at recess) in the midst of the Isles dynasty. They were pretty big even way out east. I wore Islanders shirts and stuff but never saw many games on tv. Plus Uniondale was like a 2 hour drive, so we never went to one live.

I think you just described a scene in West Side Story.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
Would be great if they would get rid of that $20 parking or whatever the heck it is these days. They should also lower the seat prices and give me some free beer and food. Storm Squad rubbing my feet would be nice also. Hopefully the new owner will read this.

If you will do this I will get season tickets

So how bout It Dundon , can it be dundon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->