Confirmed with Link: Carolina Hurricanes Sale - He Dundon it.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
tenor.gif
Who is that? With those teeth he must be Canadian and play hockey. He can even come enjoy a game in Raleigh if he wants!

Nvm, reverse image searched and found out he won a Vezina with the Washington Capitals.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Many Canadians are insecure and resentful towards the US, and use hockey as an excuse to puff their chest out and act superior. Hockey being embraced by people in the south (and not just by them and Rust Belt Americans) makes them feel less special. It's like the one kid in the cafeteria who had a Gameboy and wouldn't let anyone else even look at it. Too a lesser extent, Americans in the Rust Belt are resentful of the south because that's where all the economic growth and progress is happening, everyone who's anyone is bolting southward leaving a bunch of old people and crumbling factories.

At least that's where I think it all comes from. Doesn't make it any less detestable or their tears any less delicious.
I mean you're not wrong about that. There's a HUGE misconception about what the south is like and what people are all about down here. The slow uneducated NASCAR loving redneck stereotype they love to label us with was a hell of a lot more accurate for the people that I lived around in Western NY then it has been anywhere I've lived down here. Some crazy idea that it shouldn't be possible for those of us that grew up in places that care about football played on days other then Sunday and Monday to like a sport that we didn't even grow up with. Which is just ludicrous considering the natures of the populations in places like San Jose, Dallas, Raleigh, and even what they would consider the capital of Southern culture Nashville. People that have that type of lack of understanding and the inferiority complex that tends to come with it also tend to REALLY hate it when they're proven wrong about something.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I think Virginia goes legal in a year, then NC will get tired of all of that easy money leaving state.
I don't really follow this type of stuff as much as I might have used to... :naughty:

But if Virginia does it first, it won't take long for a lot of Southern states to follow. Other than maybe Alabama and Mississippi and maybe Louisiana with their weird laws.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Ok I am drawing the line. Serious debate time. Do you all think we will now spend some $$$ to bring in Some talent? I don't see it happening this season but in the off season. Maybe. Or Will we make a big trade once this is finalized?

Reactions: Hulkacaniac

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Ok I am drawing the line. Serious debate time. Do you all think we will now spend some $$$ to bring in Some talent? I don't see it happening this season but in the off season. Maybe. Or Will we make a big trade once this is finalized?

I love serious debates. But when you draw the line, that's a different story.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Hmm im starting to question how serious these debates really are, but I will humour you. A Neal, JvR, or E Kane would be nice, but what do we do at center? Not seeing much on ufa, would have to trade a dman

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Hmm im starting to question how serious these debates really are, but I will humour you. A Neal, JvR, or E Kane would be nice, but what do we do at center? Not seeing much on ufa, would have to trade a dman

Good post. Yes it doesn't fix our 1C issues but Kane on This team.... now that's just sexy... as long as he doesn't raise his fist during the national anthem like that Tampa Bay feller. That woukd cause more fans to not show up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad