Confirmed with Link: Carolina Hurricanes Sale - He Dundon it.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
His bio is "Sports business onlooker. Dad to 7-year-old monkey. Skeptical inquisitor. Opinions mine and mine only"

Google does have a couple of hits on guys in the NY area with that name, one being a CPA and the other being a Bloomberg sports writer. I'd imagine if he was the Bloomberg guy, he'd say something about it in his bio.

So yeah, I'll wait for something from someone who appears to be a little more credible than him.

Edit: Well, Wysh RT'd it. It is Wysh, but maybe he knows something about the guy that I don't. Hmm.

Edit 2: TSN picked it up, says he is the Bloomberg guy. Could be some substance to it.

http://www.tsn.ca/report-hurricanes-close-to-selling-for-500m-1.803998

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What someone wrote about the buyer on the main board.

Didnt realize the guy was that wealthy though he's extremely well connected. Owns 3 minor-pro baseball teams, owned part of MLB's Texas Rangers, an attorney, instrumental in working with Mario Lemieux in his acquisition of the Penguins & ultimately the creation of the Consol Centre in Pittsburgh (where Greenberg grew up & practised Law).... all comments Ive ever seen about him all positive, one of his top priorities being in providing fans with a "positive experience". Fairly young, late 50's.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Figured this was big enough for it's own thread. Team would remain in Raleigh.

http://www.tsn.ca/report-hurricanes-close-to-selling-for-500m-1.803998

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/canes-close-to-sale-team-would-stay-in-raleigh/16817901/

Here's what someone on the mainboard posted about the buyer.

Didnt realize the guy was that wealthy though he's extremely well connected. Owns 3 minor-pro baseball teams, owned part of MLB's Texas Rangers, an attorney, instrumental in working with Mario Lemieux in his acquisition of the Penguins & ultimately the creation of the Consol Centre in Pittsburgh (where Greenberg grew up & practised Law).... all comments Ive ever seen about him all positive, one of his top priorities being in providing fans with a "positive experience". Fairly young, late 50's.

Last edited:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Combing through his twitter quickly it's extremely active and all about his minor league baseball team. Responding to fans, etc. it would be a total 180 from PK in terms of fan interaction and engagement from the top.

Reactions: Unsustainable

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Mark Cuban (friend) on Greenberg:

“puts the fan first, and he likes to make sure they have fun. I think he is going to be great for the Rangers, and I have told him I am happy to help in any way I can.â€

Uh - Yes please.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I assume that Greenberg would be the face of ownership, but I wonder who would provide the bulk of the capital for the sale. Hopefully someone very wealthy.

There's a certain RFA in the Western Conference that the Canes should offer sheet.

:naughty:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Mark Cuban (friend) on Greenberg:

“puts the fan first, and he likes to make sure they have fun. I think he is going to be great for the Rangers, and I have told him I am happy to help in any way I can.Ââ€

Uh - Yes please.

Actually posted tweet in another thread....but this is some "interesting" news. Greenberg is likely leading a consortium of an ownership group. One has to wonder if one Mark Cuban wouldn't be an investor in that group.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Actually posted tweet in another thread....but this is some "interesting" news. Greenberg is likely leading a consortium of an ownership group. One has to wonder if one Mark Cuban wouldn't be an investor in that group.

PK should've taken the team to shark tank years ago.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Posted this when the Justin Williams rumors came out, posting again for good luck.

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

$

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad