GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
IT'S A PRANK, BRO!

bXJEj.gif

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
I think the frustration is the sense or urgency that was lacking when it counted, and the sudden concentration when it really doesn’t.

It’s like the co-worker who only seems to produce when the powers that be are looking.

I can understand the frustration part, but I think the issue is everyone's expectations after the sell-off.

We got rid of Nash, Holden, Grabner, and Mc D. Everyone expected us to be the worst team in the league after the deadline. Edit- Ha, I forgot Miller. He was pretty invisible leading up to the deadline.

We added Spooner, Names, and got CK back. We were already playing without McD. You can argue that we're playing somewhat better after the deadline. Is it a sense of urgency? I don't see it. Who is suddenly playing better? Maybe Hayes, but that may be due to the addition of Spooner. We're getting outshot in every game and the goalies are keeping us in games.

Imo, and I'm repeating myself is that there are worse teams than us and several on equal footing. It's no surprise when we beat them (and lose to the better teams).

Last edited:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Not mad at winning, so much as completely turned off by being in no man’s land.
Rangers are not making the playoffs, and they are not getting the #1 pick, and the #1 pick isn't earth shattering to begin with. So I say just be happy for every win, hate when they lose, and let the chips fall where they may. AV is gone no matter what

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Habs are like the White Sox with no prospects

Truly amazing how bad of a position that organization is in

It's fascinating, really. And awesome, because **** Montreal. I hope Bergevin is their GM until he dies of old age.
And they just locked Price in at $10.5M x 8 years loools, imagine if he declines and they are stuck with that dead weight contract. Really happy we don't have to deal with an incompetent GM like the Canadiens, Islanders, Oilers do

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Just really makes one wonder as to WHY these players that are now "stepping up", weren't doing so when we had these "best players". Can't be just the ice time. Think more it's "wanting to be the man" and replacing the big names of McD, Grabs and Nasher. Yeah, and for more money on the table for them to grab.
Pride? Does that play a part? I mean, who likes losing? Can't let Hank know you don't mind it. Death stare a coming!
Make no mistake about Spooner, Names are easily out producing what just left.

We see it often with teams post deadline. They play loose and step it up. Then we all get the sense of optimism like "hey, we got something here" and they can't recapture that the following season. Examples: Remember when Dan Lacoture was a throw in when Kovalev was traded back to the Rangers and he was an awesome fourth liner/PKer and we all thought "heart and soul guy, he'll be here for the next decade." We saw it with the infamous Dvorak/Messier/Malholtra line, Todd Harvey being healthy, etc., etc. etc.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
HF: "Machinehead ur the worst for not watching the team"

Also HF: *Actively roots against the team*

Multiple things,
1. Wasn’t that pre “we are gonna rebuild letter”?

2. Not everyone is rooting against them, there are plenty still hoping for victories.

3. It was also the way you’d come in and tell us you’re not watching.

You got plenty of whine you need some cheese?

Reactions: Richard Banger

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Multiple things,
1. Wasn’t that pre “we are gonna rebuild letter”?

2. Not everyone is rooting against them, there are plenty still hoping for victories.

3. It was also the way you’d come in and tell us you’re not watching.

You got plenty of whine you need some cheese?

1. The quality of this team before and after the letter is the same.

2. Very true.

3. That's different from cheering for Carolina in our GDT how, exactly?

What I did was distasteful and I apologized. Matter of fact, I see where you were coming from now.

Just think it's rich that some of those who were critical of me (not you) were in the "let's go Canes" section last night.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I'm not exactly rooting against them but I don't mind them losing. It's strange, I know, but that's the way I feel. I think with every loss the young guys are still learning a lot and know what not to do if they want to win when we get a new coach and a few more younger, better offensive players in the lineup.

Edited to add: I think this team can bounce back next year and make the playoffs and make some noise, so I'm not overly concerned with a long-term rebuild.

Reactions: bl02

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I'm not exactly rooting against them but I don't mind them losing. It's strange, I know, but that's the way I feel. I think with every loss the young guys are still learning a lot and know what not to do if they want to win when we get a new coach and a few more younger, better offensive players in the lineup.

Edited to add: I think this team can bounce back next year and make the playoffs and make some noise, so I'm not overly concerned with a long-term rebuild.

I've accepted the losing. I'll never like losing. But I've accepted it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I definitely don't lose sleep if they lose at this point in the season, but if I do decide to sit down and watch a game, I'm not gonna sit there and not cheer for the Rangers.

Seems like a waste of time to me.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Or, an empty netter. Don't forget that excuse either. Why do people hate on him so badly? He is what he is, a college player that is just really getting his feet wet and finding his game that relates to the NHL. Isn't he on the same path as Hayes? Look at where Kevin is going now. Maybe Vesey will really get it all together this time next year, as Hayes is doing now. Give the guy a break already. I suppose people wanted him to be a 40 goal scorer (yeah, so did I.......but I'm a little more realistic and understanding, I guess)

I don't understand the hate either. When this board has a whipping boy they are like a pit bull on a poodle. I think he is a 3rd/4th line player that can pot 15-20 goals a year that we signed without giving up any assets. Nothing really to hate there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad