Not open for further replies.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Outshot 31-19
Out attempted 66-35
Bunch of turd goals by Vesey
=
2 points

4-2-1, 9 pts since the TDL. One of those franchises that just can't get out of their own way.

Though even if they go 3-4, they're at 66 points. Still 7th worst. Real problem is the Habs and Wings can't win a game to save their lives.

This is turning out to be a major issue for us. Both teams look like absolute crap and it's pumping our chances of a couple of spots higher.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I wouldn't be surprised finishing anywhere from 11th to 5th. It's hard to tell with this team. Montreal is 5th now with 62 points, 7 points behind NYR with 1 game in hand. Detroit is 6th with 63 poins, 6 behind NYR with 2 games in hand. They've both lost 5+ in a row, so they will start getting some wins again soon.

The Rangers have [relatively] been winning a lot recently, so I could see them dropping more points in the next week or two. The only games left that shouldn't be hard for the Rangers to win are against Carolina and Buffalo, so, 2.

If Montreal & Detroit go .500 the rest of the way, they'll finish with 75 & 77 points, respectively. The Rangers have 69 points with 12 games left. 4-8-0 = 77 points.
Positive thoughts but they both look dead in the water.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Rangers don’t dare Win a game from here on out to have a chance. Edmonton seems to be snapping out of it so that helps.
I would be ok with that Except for april 3rd of course. Yes gotta give edmonton some credit they do seem to be playing with some pride and they have the talent to make it interesting regarding passing us.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
The management of the organization declared rebuilding and made steps to get more picks. Needless to say, they want high picks. But...
The youngsters who are given a sudden chance to play in the NHL instead of minor leagues want to use it and try to play as good as they can. The newcomers from other teams want to get better contracts. AV doesn't want to worsen his stats as a head coach.
So the management probably hopes that the team will lose but on the bench there aren't many people with similar intentions. Thus we are facing one more win!

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I know we're expecting the worst from the draft lottery, but, the only way the Rangers drop three spots is if three teams behind the Rangers, all of which have a worse probability of doing so, all win the lottery and move up.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Yeah I don’t see this team falling to the 1-5 slot without help from the lottery. All of the other bad teams have worse rosters. You know Henrik wants 30 wins, and Gorjesus has been solid.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Habs are like the White Sox with no prospects

Truly amazing how bad of a position that organization is in

It's fascinating, really. And awesome, because **** Montreal. I hope Bergevin is their GM until he dies of old age.
They thought they were good when Price carried them for a couple years so they went all in.. and they also have made some horrible trades. And have a weird affection for French Canadian guys

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Rangers will probably find a way to go .500 the rest of the way. The kids and younger guys are hungry and probably feel like they're playing for jobs next season. Our goalies have been really good, too, which is the biggest factor. I also want a high pick but if the kids we have are building confidence and developing their games for the future, that's also a good thing.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Vesey has the 4th highest goal-scoring totals over this season and last season for the Rangers. He has outscored Zuccarello.

Over that same timeframe, at even-strength, he has 6 more goals than Zibanejad, 3 more goals than Zuccarello, and 10 more goals than Buchnevich.

Reactions: yrrebbor

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The Rangers will probably find a way to go .500 the rest of the way. The kids and younger guys are hungry and probably feel like they're playing for jobs next season. Our goalies have been really good, too, which is the biggest factor. I also want a high pick but if the kids we have are building confidence and developing their games for the future, that's also a good thing.

I think .500 is asking a lot. They've been winning games lately because of their goalie being ridiculous or the opponents goalie being horrible (or what ever Darling was last night.) I think they've played 1 good game since the TDL and that was the one in Florida.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think .500 is asking a lot. They've been winning games lately because of their goalie being ridiculous or the opponents goalie being horrible (or what ever Darling was last night.) I think they've played 1 good game since the TDL and that was the one in Florida.
Yeah for sure, definitely possible. My point was more that the Rangers are going to win more games than people want because of the fact the guys are still playing hard and the goalies are playing well. Who knows, "Win 30 for Hank" could become a thing for them that propels them to those five or six wins.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Yeah for sure, definitely possible. My point was more that the Rangers are going to win more games than people want because of the fact the guys are still playing hard and the goalies are playing well. Who knows, "Win 30 for Hank" could become a thing for them that propels them to those five or six wins.

Thing is, their wins recently have all come v. pretty bad teams with the best being Calgary who’s a non playoff team. Out of the 12 games left, they still have 8 v. teams in playoff spots (TBL, PHI x 2, WSH x 2, NJD, PIT, and CBJ), and a game in Brooklyn where they literally have not won a game in. I only see Carolina (which is on the second end of a back to back too after travel) and Buffalo as the only two games where I go “wow they should probably win this one.” Not to say they won’t go 500 or pull out points but it’s a pretty brutal schedule.

Reactions: jas

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It is brutal, no doubt. But as everyone has said we've been winning games while being outplayed. No reason to think we can't pull out a couple like that against some better teams.

Again, I'm just saying, I know everyone is hoping we win like 2 games the rest of the way. I don't see it. We'll luck our way into a few, goalies will steal one or two, and we may even look legitimately good and win a game. I think they win another 5 games.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
The only problem is they seem to give up copious shots against [at least 50] when Hank plays.

Reactions: yrrebbor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad