• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
H
My point was pretty clear, I thought. Someone says Buch is 2nd in PPP and near the bottom on all TOI, is as meaningless a stat as possible.
Is it meaningless that he produces more with less opportunity? Ok then...

BTW, he is 3rd in even strength points (behind Hayes and Zucc).

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I think Bouchard is on the cusp. I think Boqvist/Hughes have higher odds.

I like Bouchard and Dobson, but there’s a gap between them and Boqvist/Hughes.

For me it’s the 4/5 prospects vs. the 9/10.

But, and this is a big but, we’re assuming the Rangers have the same list or the same view I do about the top 12 or so picks. The further they get from the “you can’t pass on this guy” the more subjective it gets and the more the odds go up for them to go off the radar.

If we’re talking Farabee, sure. If we’re talking Veleno, not so much.

If we’re talking Bouchard/Dobson, sure. If we’re talked Smith/Wilde, perhaps a little less.

If we’re taking Wilde, I think they end up going safer with the other first rounders.

The funny thing is I keep seeing Boqvist lower on rankings than Bouchard.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The funny thing is I keep seeing Boqvist lower on rankings than Bouchard.

That’s not terribly surprising to me. I’ll be curious to see where they settle.

Right now, Bouchard is en fuego and so he’s shooting up mocks and rankings.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I think Bouchard is on the cusp. I think Boqvist/Hughes have higher odds.

I like Bouchard and Dobson, but there’s a gap between them and Boqvist/Hughes.

For me it’s the 4/5 prospects vs. the 9/10.

But, and this is a big but, we’re assuming the Rangers have the same list or the same view I do about the top 12 or so picks. The further they get from the “you can’t pass on this guy” the more subjective it gets and the more the odds go up for them to go off the radar.

If we’re talking Farabee, sure. If we’re talking Veleno, not so much.

If we’re talking Bouchard/Dobson, sure. If we’re talked Smith/Wilde, perhaps a little less.

If we’re taking Wilde, I think they end up going safer with the other first rounders.

So, Wilde is going to Michigan. The Rangers like their UMich kids.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The Rangers are getting one of the top 3 picks this year. They NHL might decide that Dahlin serves the league better elsewhere, but they also know that the Rangers carry a serious amount of weight for the league and they will do what needs to be done. I don't think the brass come out with a letter like they did without some level of assurance from the powers that be that they will be taken care of.

Am I a conspiracy theorist? Maybe. Does this cheapen the results of NHL games to me? Yes, but do do several other things.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I think Bouchard goes top 5 come June.

And this why people ranting and raving not having a top 3 pick is a bit silly. There is a lot of upside in this draft. Wilde looks very toolsy, and he's headed to Michigan. Having Red Berensen as his coach for the next few years would certainly be a big help.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Well, Wilde would definitely be that big swing, roll the dice pick for the Rangers.

Could be the second or third best defenseman to come out of the draft, or he could be the guy that is cited as not landing that core player when we had the opportunity to do so.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
And this why people ranting and raving not having a top 3 pick is a bit silly. There is a lot of upside in this draft. Wilde looks very toolsy, and he's headed to Michigan. Having Red Berensen as his coach for the next few years would certainly be a big help.

I think it’s all about percentages.

There’s more value to be found later than a lot of drafts, but there are still tiers and odds of success as well.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Well, Wilde would definitely be that big swing, roll the dice pick for the Rangers.

Could be the second or third best defenseman to come out of the draft, or he could be the guy that is cited as not landing that core player when we had the opportunity to do so.

Scenario...Rangers end up at 7...top 6 are the obvious three, with Wahlstrom, Bouchard and Boqvist off the board. Tkachuk is there at 7. Do you take Tkachuk at 7, then gamble on moving up for Wilde, or do you grab Hughes?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Scenario...Rangers end up at 7...top 6 are the obvious three, with Wahlstrom, Bouchard and Boqvist off the board. Tkachuk is there at 7. Do you take Tkachuk at 7, then gamble on moving up for Wilde, or do you grab Hughes?

Hughes. And it’s not as close for me as you might think.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
That’s not terribly surprising to me. I’ll be curious to see where they settle.

Right now, Bouchard is en fuego and so he’s shooting up mocks and rankings.
Still think the Canadiens are grabbing either Boqvist or Wahlstrom unless they are top 3 (actually if they are third i could see them taking boqvist). I'm pretty positive my dream of seeing Boqvist in a Rangers jersey is pretty much zero percent.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I could see a scenario where Boqvist falls to 7th, depending on preferences. But I don’t see him falling beyond that.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008

No. No more players from ttun. It's a dirty school in a dirty state. Let them go to that team out east...they're perfect together. Who has it better than them? Everyone not named Harbaugh.

Buckeyes are better. End of story.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Realistically, you think we're getting to 5th?
I wouldn't be surprised finishing anywhere from 11th to 5th. It's hard to tell with this team. Montreal is 5th now with 62 points, 7 points behind NYR with 1 game in hand. Detroit is 6th with 63 poins, 6 behind NYR with 2 games in hand. They've both lost 5+ in a row, so they will start getting some wins again soon.

The Rangers have [relatively] been winning a lot recently, so I could see them dropping more points in the next week or two. The only games left that shouldn't be hard for the Rangers to win are against Carolina and Buffalo, so, 2.

If Montreal & Detroit go .500 the rest of the way, they'll finish with 75 & 77 points, respectively. The Rangers have 69 points with 12 games left. 4-8-0 = 77 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->