Pre-Game Talk: Carolina @ Florida - Saturday/January/19/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Or we're trying to trade Sangs and are in the process of pimping him out so someone who needs defensive help reimburses our 2nd rounder.

Or McBain is nursing an injury that is hampering his play.

Or Sangs is simply looking good against 'meh' competition, and will reveal his true AHL self once actual competition begins.

Or we are really interested in knowing what we have in Sangs at the NHL level now that we have a decent read on McBain.

It's not the end of the world for McBain. The season has yet to begun.

Reactions: MinJaBen

bb99

Apr 6, 2009
North Carolina
wasn't it last year McBain was scratched early or season before? must be a slow starter or having a tough time getting in game shape. his speed and size is prob what hurt him overseas.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'm over poking around on the Florida Panthers website, and the splash page promises a chance to "Get It On."

I then accidentally clicked on the link to buy tickets and saw their Red Rising marketing, which made me think of the South Park "red rocket" episode. And here I thought our marketing was prone to the occasional sour note.

What I was going for, however, was to get some sense of what their lines might be shaping up like. As of three hours or so ago they're still sitting with 25 players in camp.

ANYWAY, here's what's being tossed around over on the Panthers side of the board:

Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Huberdeau - Mueller - Kovalev
Upshall -Matthias - Kopecky
Skille - Smithson - Parros

Campbell - Kuba
Weaver (if he isn't hurt) - Jovo?
Strachan - Petrovic / Ellerby

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Great #3 and 4 lines. Seriously would not be surprised if that 3rd is one of the best 3rd lines anywhere in the league right now. 1st line would be a great 2nd line, tough to tell as a top line but should be competent. 2nd line is just... man that's a ballsy move to roll the dice that much there.

That defense is pretty underrated even without Garrison. Solid top 3, and if they get Kulikov under contract a solid group all the way through (assuming Petrovic or Ellerby would move Strachan to be the #7).

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
If that really is their second line, Muller should just put the Staal's together and send them out.

A QMJHL smurf, a lazy old Russian and a winger turned to center? Yes please!

In all seriousness, if I were Kirk I would match it up as so:

Boychuk-Staal-Semin against that second line.

Skinner-Staal-Dalpe/Bowman against the first line.

Match 3rd lines of Tlusty-Jokinen-Dalpe/Bowman.

Match 4th lines.

It's going to be interesting to see what Dineen will do. That 2nd line is a liability waiting to happen, and unless he wants them to play 4 minutes of ES, he has to send them out against someone. I would guess that 3rd line.

But that puts one of the Staal lines against their 3rd/4th lines, and since J. Staal will be playing tag with Weiss the entire night, that means that E. Staal and Semin will get to play against 3rd/4th liners.

Wow, we are a really hard team to match up against now at forward. I love it.

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Kirk Muller just left a voicemail on my cell phone. <3

He said he was sorry about that thing that happened.

So glad to hear he kissed and made up with you. I just got done talking with JR and Karmanos at the soft open for the Finnish sauna that Jussi, Joni, and Tuomo are opening out on Falls Lake and they indicated that they've got a deal in place to bring Crosby, Malkin, Marc Staal, and Sutter to Raleigh. I can't wait!

Last edited:

bb99

Apr 6, 2009
North Carolina
Saturday has to hurry. I passed on a coyote hunting trip to stay home and watch this. I also hope Corvo gets hammered Friday night and misses the plane.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Has there still not been an announcement about the broadcast of this game?

EDIT: The only place that shows me that it will be broadcast is the Canes website, where the schedule shows FS-CR. Fox Sports Carolinas doesn't show it on their schedule and AT&T doesn't show it on theirs. Anyone with a guide seeing it on their provider's guide yet?

Last edited:

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Has there still not been an announcement about the broadcast of this game?

EDIT: The only place that shows me that it will be broadcast is the Canes website, where the schedule shows FS-CR. Fox Sports Carolinas doesn't show it on their schedule and AT&T doesn't show it on theirs. Anyone with a guide seeing it on their provider's guide yet?
It's listed on FS-CR on TWC in Raleigh

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Every game is going to be broadcast this year.
Tuesday's game on SportSouth will be shown on a special events channel like we guessed, but not on the HD channel. I'll be there, so I don't care... but on Thursday night and March 7, this will be rather lame.

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
@GeorgeRichards
Kris Versteeg left Friday's #FlaPanthers practice and he is questionable for Saturday's opener v #nhlCanes ... Was told Santorelli may play

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
There is a Canes Cool Bars in Cary for Saturday night's game. I'm not huge on Ale House food, and to me their beers always taste like the taps need a good scrubbing, but for some reason I do enjoy these little shindigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad