Proposal: Carolina - Chicago

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Trying to gauge interest/value in a Jeff Skinner for Brandon Saad swap. Would something needed to be added? Would it be something even considered?

Skinner has averaged roughly 30 goals the past 3 seasons and has only missed 3 games. He is a goal scorer, not a playmaker and not much in his own end. He works best with someone that create space for him and someone that can distribute the puck. He only has 1 year left at $5.75 million ($6 million actual salary). He just doesn't fit Bill Peters style of play and has been forced to play with overslotted player like Derek Ryan. Skinner needs a change of scenery.

Saad doesn't score at Skinner's level, but is a solid winger that plays a more complete game. I think he would fit well playing with Jordan Staal. He has 3 years left on his contract at $6 million ($6.75 million actual salary). He's and the Hawks haven't had the best of years, but I think he's better than he's looked this season.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
No thanks. Not a terrible trade, but we traded for Saad so we wouldn't need to re-sign Panarin for more money next offseason. I don't think we'd trade Saad now just so we'd have to do that with Skinner instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad