Signing(s): Carlos Santana signs with the Phillies (3 years, $60 million)

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Say what??

Been listening to a lot of rock music lately. When I saw this, I was confused too. Carlos Santana?

Pretty cool to realize that these two guys have the same name.

CarlosSantanasongPics1o2zY6Ff9MJMd6M.jpg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Turning 32 coming off a season where his ops+ was more than 10 below the previous year.

Go back to the lounge

He still had a pretty good year though and it was fairly in line with his career averages. It could be argued that last year was more of an outlier on the high side than last year being a down year but anyway i agree with you that he is likely to decline some but i think he'll be fine for 3 years.

Reactions: All Might

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Santana mainly experienced a dip in his power numbers. But his power numbers last year were perfectly in line with his career numbers rather than his power outburst from 2016. I still think he’s good for 3 wins going forward.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He still had a pretty good year though and it was fairly in line with his career averages. It could be argued that last year was more of an outlier on the high side than last year being a down year but anyway i agree with you that he is likely to decline some but i think he'll be fine for 3 years.
The term is fantastic, which is why this deal likely won't blow up in their faces.

I agree that Santana is a good player and had a good year. I also think he won't sustain that bat beyond his mid-30's.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->