Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
glad houston won just so he could finally get a ring

he'll be in the HOF one day

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Man...my feelings towards him were a roller coaster for awhile lol. Hated him when used to kill the cardinals, loved him when he joined the cardinals, and then was slightly indifferent after he left. Hell of a career though, glad he was able to get a ring.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm not so sure.

Scott Rolen isn't in and he was better than Beltran.

He wouldn't be the worst player in the HoF but he wouldn't exactly be bringing up the bar either. I wouldn't be upset by his inclusion but as you mentioned there are other players who deserve to be in there over him at this point.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm not so sure.

Scott Rolen isn't in and he was better than Beltran.

ESPN did a good article on him yesterday and why he should get in.

The combination of longevity, staying elite even in his final years and his outstanding post season play should get him in. He was also well-liked by the people who would be voting for him, which helps.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
A guy I've always liked as a player. Glad he got a World Series win before he retired and yeah he's a Hall of Famer.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
ESPN did a good article on him yesterday and why he should get in.

The combination of longevity, staying elite even in his final years and his outstanding post season play should get him in. He was also well-liked by the people who would be voting for him, which helps.

He hasn't been elite since 2011.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
He wouldn't be the worst player in the HoF but he wouldn't exactly be bringing up the bar either. I wouldn't be upset by his inclusion but as you mentioned there are other players who deserve to be in there over him at this point.

Pretty much.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Pretty much.

I guess a big part of giving him the nod is viewing him as a CF... which he totally was for most of his career and a good one at that. It's just he's older than dirt so I just associate him as a corner OF and DH now which obviously isn't a fair assessment of his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad