Rumor: Carl Klingberg headed to Russia

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
mods at your leisure, I think he has officially signed (Yardbarker, but I could have that wrong).

FWIW, I think we retain his NHL rights, at least for a while, no?

No he didn't. Still a rumor as of now. It would've been up on more reliable sites like Igor Eronko's twitter account or elite prospects.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
I heard a rumor a while back if we were moving Klingberg out our friend in Miami would go along.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
As did he:

Carl Klingberg ‏@CarlKlingberg 23s23 seconds ago
Moving to Russia next season, and will be playing for Torpedo, Nizhny Novgorod. Will be a great adventure!

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
A horrible trade that seems to get overlooked.

Dumped Stempniak who is a great scoring bottom 6 winger (something we desperately need) for nothing, to get Sheppard, only to still sit him in favor of Glass.

Every time someone plays the "I think the coach/GM know better than you" card, this scenario needs to be brought up.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

Dumped Stempniak who is a great scoring bottom 6 winger (something we desperately need) for nothing, to get Sheppard, only to still sit him in favor of Glass.

Every time someone plays the "I think the coach/GM know better than you" card, this scenario needs to be brought up.

Yep. Just piss poor asset management. Not to mention the 4th rounder we lost too

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Can't blame Sather on that, AV just didnt want to use Sheppard for god knows why and played Glass instead (ok blame sather for that signing :laugh:)

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
cannot skate perhaps?

glass has always been avs guy. no surprise there

shep was and is awful.

Not really.

He was at best a 4th liner...but that is better than Glass was.

Glass was **** in both ends and cost us goals, worst forward in the last decade as a forward...right next to Hollweg (and Hollweg beats him cause he ACTUALLY could go out and make the otehr team scared to enter the zone in fear of getting borded)

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
shep was and is awful.

This is really unfair to say. We barely played him, so no chemistry and experience with his team/line-mates. We didn't help his confidence either. Just think about it, you were benched in favor of Tanner Glass! Tanner mofo Glass; you'd be like: "yo, **** this bs for real!"

I think we totally misused and treated Shep like ****. I liked him a lot and I'd love it, if could get rid of Glass and keep him at a low price for the 4th line. He was big and when hot, didn't shy away from laying a hit.

Shep-Moore-Kling, anyone?

edit: since Klign is gone, how about Shep-Moore-Hrivik

Last edited:

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
For a guy as smart as AV, it was really mind-boggling that he ditched Stempniak to keep Glass in the lineup. Now our return in the trade is gone and this is really looking like a not insignificant **** up.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Stempniak was more of a salary dump than anything else. I don't think the Rangers expected much more than a roster spot in Hartford for Klingberg - and that's probably why he signed in Russia.

(Edit) Someone should change the thread title from "rumor" to "confirmed" too.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Not really.

He was at best a 4th liner...but that is better than Glass was.

Glass was **** in both ends and cost us goals, worst forward in the last decade as a forward...right next to Hollweg (and Hollweg beats him cause he ACTUALLY could go out and make the otehr team scared to enter the zone in fear of getting borded)

Hahaha fear of getting boarded... man that guy hit everything. Will still not forget the dumb penalties he took, but that was sheer entertainment value. Played 3 years as a Ranger and the team made the playoffs with him being an everyday player.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Hahaha fear of getting boarded... man that guy hit everything. Will still not forget the dumb penalties he took, but that was sheer entertainment value. Played 3 years as a Ranger and the team made the playoffs with him being an everyday player.

He lost a home playoff game all by himself in his last year.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
was reminded of him during this morning's Sweden-Russia Worlds game on NHL network, he and his brother played (Hank's twin too)

hadn't seen this February'17 article before today, it might have been cited here in roster thread ...

http://www.aftonbladet.se/senastenytt/ttsport/sport/article24387887.ab

" ... Still living the dream of games in the NHL, however, remain. The contract with Zug expires this summer, the only question is how the New York Rangers down to the Swede's desire to play on the other side of the Atlantic.
- NHL, there is of course the dream. I want to return to the NHL, no question about it. But it comes to me and Rangers agree in that case, he says. ... "

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad