Recalled/Assigned: Carl Dahlstrom Recalled

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
b/c there was a couple of games where certain players should have received a - but didn't received anything. like yesterdays game, seabs screwed up on the clearing attempt in the goal crease and the player skated in and poke it in leading to a goal.

Don't remember it, but were the Hawks killing a penalty? You don't get a plus or minus on the PP or PK.

Reactions: LDF

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
b/c there was a couple of games where certain players should have received a - but didn't received anything. like yesterdays game, seabs screwed up on the clearing attempt in the goal crease and the player skated in and poke it in leading to a goal.

Was it on the PP or PK?

It is a NHL stat and there are corrections.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The Seabs goal your referencing was on the PK I believe.

Reactions: LDF and ChiHawks10

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
I agree that his recent struggles are in part a reflection of the tough minutes he’s getting. He’s not getting sheltered by the staff, he and Murphy are getting the toughest assignments.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with his play. I think it gets lost that the team’s modest improvement coincides with Murphy returning and Dahlstrombeing recalled. They have taken hard minutes from Keith and Seabrook which they clearly can’t handle anymore as a pair

Crow

May 19, 2014
I had no idea his name was Carl until right now. How is that possible with how much I watch, read, post?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I had no idea his name was Carl until right now. How is that possible with how much I watch, read, post?
544868_v1.jpg

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Well technically it is Calle IN swedish but plenty Sweds in the nhl go by Carl in English.

He's still developing but there was an athletic article today about defensive matchups and he with Murphy have been the clear top matchup unit. He has the ability to improve and grow with that role so it'll be a real test of his future next season

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Well technically it is Calle IN swedish but plenty Sweds in the nhl go by Carl in English.

He's still developing but there was an athletic article today about defensive matchups and he with Murphy have been the clear top matchup unit. He has the ability to improve and grow with that role so it'll be a real test of his future next season
Calle is his nickname, so technically it isn't his name, no.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I think Carl's been pretty solid.

No coincidence the Hawks are 20-9-4 with him in the lineup.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Very replaceable

He and Koe like Forsling are all on bubble and one or two will probably be gone by next season

Forsling's (potential) ceiling is quite a bit higher. The game has changed a lot but there's still room for stay-at-home Dmen like Dahlstrom. He'll never dazzle but defensively he should only get better as he gains experience.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Forsling will be gone. too much offensive D talent coming through the system and his D risk, outweighs his O reward.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
People advocating for trading of Forsling are just clueless, this kid is gonna be something special soon, he’s gonna be good on both ends of the ice, trading him will bite Stan in his anoos in the future zero doubt in my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->