Player Discussion Carey Price - Why Always Me? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Him smoking a couple of darts 10 years ago while out with friends backs up your claim?

Find me such pictures from Crosby.

It is the basis of my earlier argument that GREAT players... are more often than not guys who have all the talent in the world but also work hard. This is not the 70ies anymore.

EDIT:
BTW, if you get caught in 2008-10 in pictures like that at the very beginning of the smart phone era... that means those events weren't exactly rare.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
We have been told the most ridiculous things on this board. Things such as this team is a bottom feeder without Price. Price single handedly carries a bottom feeder to top of the conference.

Now the narrative has changed. Apparently even Price can't carry a team this bad to the top of the conference.

Instead of just admitting the truth for what it is.

We had a great defensive team for many years. This year we have a bad one for the first time in 5 years. And Price is HORRID.

Are you serious with this? The team went from 1st to last without Price. How are they not a bottom-feeder without him? (and even with him at this point lol)

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Actually there has been a lot of rumblings about it but I don't make it my duty in life to keep all the press clippings/hyper links of everything I've ever read or heard.
[mod]
Price has not been horrid as you say, he hasn't been himself either............but it's my opinion, he is the least of our worries...our GM, has destroyed the team over a 6 yr period, but that's OK I guess...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pickles

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Are you serious with this? The team went from 1st to last without Price. How are they not a bottom-feeder without him? (and even with him at this point lol)

They sucked because they had to rely on Scrivens who was not a NHL goalie anymore and Condon who was a rookie. No rookie goalies had played as many games as Condon in YEARS. Condon held the fort for a month solid. But then he crumbled, and Bergevin did nothing to fix this situation. Back then people loved to say that rangers had no problems when Lundqvist got injured but they had Talbot, and then Raanta. We had a rookie Condon and Scrivens. And we were a defensive team. This meant we didn't have the O overcome bad goals. Just look at Chicago this year - Crawford injured, no backup solutions, the team barely has more pts than us. I don't expect you to understand that though.

Reactions: Da Grinder

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bottom feeder with him now, because of what Bergy has done to the team over the last two seasons...........For 4 yrs now, we have been awful as a team...

Reactions: Pickles

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Bottom feeder with him now, because of what Bergy has done to the team over the last two seasons...........For 4 yrs now, we have been awful as a team...

That's the exact type of comments I have a problem with. Black and white, no nuance, we've sucked for 4 years, any success belongs to Price, any failures to someone else.

Reactions: bluetib

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
They sucked because they had to rely on Scrivens who was not a NHL goalie anymore and Condon who was a rookie. No rookie goalies had played as many games as Condon in YEARS. Condon held the fort for a month solid. But then he crumbled, and Bergevin did nothing to fix this situation. Back then people loved to say that rangers had no problems when Lundqvist got injured but they had Talbot, and then Raanta. We had a rookie Condon and Scrivens. And we were a defensive team. This meant we didn't have the O overcome bad goals. Just look at Chicago this year - Crawford injured, no backup solutions, the team barely has more pts than us. I don't expect you to understand that though.
Yep without Price the team stunk.

Now with Price playing average.... the team stinks.

This is not news......The Canadiens have been one man away from the basement for years. Take Prices theatrics away and they are a lottery team.

That has been stated during 014, 015, 016, 017, 018 seasons

Granted more people are convinced of it now.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

So it was all the goalie's fault? Funny considering you just complained about people giving credit only to Price and no one else for the modicum of succes we've had in the past 4 years. By the way, if only goaltending can take you from 1st to last, you have bigger issjes than goaltending.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

It is the basis of my earlier argument that GREAT players... are more often than not guys who have all the talent in the world but also work hard. This is not the 70ies anymore.

EDIT:
BTW, if you get caught in 2008-10 in pictures like that at the very beginning of the smart phone era... that means those events weren't exactly rare.

These arguements always get me and it always makes me wonder if maybe the poster just wasn’t fortunate enough to have fun experience when they were younger when they say stuff like this. Who cares? He smoked a couple of cigarettes, crushed some beers, and partied like most kids do at that age.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That's the exact type of comments I have a problem with. Black and white, no nuance, we've sucked for 4 years, any success belongs to Price, any failures to someone else.
It's a team game..........Price is pretty much our only good player............everyone knows it. Try not to take yourself, so seriously...it's gonna be OK. Once the Habs find a real GM and fix the mess, we can go back to talking hockey.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
That's rich coming from someone who just blamed 2016 solely on poor goaltending.

No I didn't blame the 2016 season solely on goalies. I actually said we were a defensive team and didn't have the O to overcome bad goaltending. This pretty clearly means I'm aware we had bad O, and as such weren't a great team. But we weren't a bottom feeder either. In fact, what I did was counter the argument that Price was the sole difference between bottom feeder and conference winner because I have seen this argument made numerous times. No surprise you try to warp it into something else though.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No I didn't blame the 2016 season solely on goalies. I actually said we were a defensive team and didn't have the O to overcome bad goaltending. This pretty clearly means I'm aware we had bad O, and as such weren't a great team. But we weren't a bottom feeder either. In fact, what I did was counter the argument that Price was the sole difference between bottom feeder and conference winner because I have seen this argument made numerous times. No surprise you try to warp it into something else though.
Have a snickers man, you are just not yourself, when you are hungry!!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
These arguements always get me and it always makes me wonder if maybe the poster just wasn’t fortunate enough to have fun experience when they were younger when they say stuff like this. Who cares? He smoked a couple of cigarettes, crushed some beers, and partied like most kids do at that age.

I did that too. Had lots of fun. Never had a contract for millions and pretended to be a professional athlete though. I actually wouldn't give a shit if Price got wasted, smoked cocaine laced quebec gold joints with blond marocain haschich in it if he actually performed in the playoffs and was consistently a dominant player as his talent suggest.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

EDIT:

I call complete bullshit on this. Especially in our organizational philosophy, development program and coaching. Our f***ing organization cannot even recognize, let alone develop, the talent it has.

I could go on.

Al Iafrate would set this bitch ass team and the coach straight...

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I will leave on this question :
Bergevin is the wost GM of all time according to you guys.
He always overpays players who are dime a dozens (Moen, Shaw, DD, etc)
He has placed all of his confidence in Price
Is MB right for once or... not?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I did that too. Had lots of fun. Never had a contract for millions and pretended to be a professional athlete though. I actually wouldn't give a **** if Price got wasted, smoked cocaine laced quebec gold joints with blond marocain haschich in it if he actually performed in the playoffs and was consistently a dominant player as his talent suggest.

If he starts daytime drinking with Mario Tremblay, I’ll be concerned. But using pictures of him partying 10 years ago and saying people don’t really change is weak. If you don’t think a lot changes between the ages of 20 and 30, you’re not being serious. There’s a huge transformation during that time span. People settle down, start careers and families. It’s no different for Price, who probably was a loose canon at that age due to the money and spotlight of being the starting goalie of the Montreal Canadiens. It has nothing to do with what he became however. This argument is a decade old. I remember people talking about this many years ago and a lot has happened since. It’s irrelevant.

Reactions: Andrei79

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
MB is a moron, who painted himself into a corner.............

Would you take an 84M dollar contract if your boss asked you to?

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

TBH

MB wasn't the reason we signed Price.

Doesn't change the fact that his IQ and EQ level are not very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->