Player Discussion Carey Price - The Price Is Right? *Mod warning post 1284*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Exactly, thank you.

1-He aint special when he does it. Everyone does it and if he dint he would look like the *****e not doing it.

2-Its not kindness, its part of the job.

Im not saying hes not classy in general, i dont know but that act is part of the job to give back yo the fans. He has to do these things one way or another.
What are you even talking about man..
Maybe it's part of the job, maybe it's not. Maybe a bunch of others do it, maybe they don't. Who gives a flying rat's ass. Price did it, good on him. That's it that's all.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The only thing you’re overrating is our defence. Calling our defence great because they’re

Last year Price started his first 15-20 games with a .940, dipped off down to under .900 and went back up to .940 the moment Therrien was fires. That being said, you could visibly see him lose motivation after that whole fiasco with Therrien. People were panicking but it was pretty obvious his play would go back to elite the moment the coach was fired. This year, he seems to have a few holes in his game and his mechanics seem off in general. I think most of this comes down to Price polishing his game along with the team playing a lot better in front of him.
I agree. This defense is just terrible and it affects Price. That said, he should still be better.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
What are you even talking about man..
Maybe it's part of the job, maybe it's not. Maybe a bunch of others do it, maybe they don't. Who gives a flying rat's ass. Price did it, good on him. That's it that's all.

No need to make this a bigger deal than it is.

He did a good gesture but its not classy.

Thats it thats all
Been there done that

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I agree. This defense is just terrible and it affects Price. That said, he should still be better.

No no, Price is terrible, his body language is horrific, his attitude gives his coach nightmares, his contract makes Molson sweat like a pig and purple pants has no more coolaid, he drank what ever was left last year.

For a 10 milllion/year goalie who got a massive upfront pay, he is garbage right now.

GARBAGE.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
No no, Price is terrible, his body language is horrific, his attitude gives his coach nightmares, his contract makes Molson sweat like a pig and purple pants has no more coolaid, he drank what ever was left last year.

For a 10 milllion/year goalie who got a massive upfront pay, he is garbage right now.

GARBAGE.
Time for you to get over Halak already.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

GARBAGE.

The contract makes Molson so nervous that it took him all the way until July 2nd, a day after Price was eligible for an extension to throw huge money at him. Gives coaches nightmares? Try harder. Ask anyone whose ever coached him or Team Canada’s staff how much of a “nightmare” he is to coach. Therrien did himself in with embarrassing both goalies with how he handled them last season starting with that 10-0 pounding he left Montoya in for.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
The contract makes Molson so nervous that it took him all the way until July 2nd, a day after Price was eligible for an extension to throw huge money at him. Gives coaches nightmares? Try harder. Ask anyone whose ever coached him or Team Canada’s staff how much of a “nightmare” he is to coach. Therrien did himself in with embarrassing both goalies with how he handled them last season starting with that 10-0 pounding he left Montoya in for.

you could of saved your self a paragraph of writting. i said at the moment, meaning the time present.. not 2 years ago.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
you could of saved your self a paragraph of writting. i said at the moment, meaning the time present.. not 2 years ago.

At what point in your post did you say in the moment? And where in my post am I talking about 2 years ago?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
ma baid, i said he is grabage right now.

and Team canada was 2 years ago?

It’s October 2017 last time I checked, and the World Cup ended in October 2016. It was last season. Everything else I posted came after that.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
It’s October 2017 last time I checked, and the World Cup ended in October 2016. It was last season. Everything else I posted came after that.

does it make my point invalid because i was off by a year? I was still talking about the time present.

I apologize for being off 1 year though, I do try to be as authentic as possible with what i say

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
does it make my point invalid because i was off by a year? I was still talking about the time present.

I apologize for being off 1 year though, I do try to be as authentic as possible with what i say

You should’ve put right now in the first paragraph. It’s hard to take you serious because you have a long history of blind hate towards this player so being as clear as possible is in your best interest. As for does it make your point invalid. You came out and said he gives coaches nightmares for one. He’s only had one coach this year so you must be talking about the past, therefore your point isn’t valid.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
You should’ve put right now in the first paragraph. It’s hard to take you serious because you have a long history of blind hate towards this player so being as clear as possible is in your best interest. As for does it make your point invalid. You came out and said he gives coaches nightmares for one. He’s only had one coach this year so you must be talking about the past, therefore your point isn’t valid.

Bro, I said "his attitude gives his coach nightmares"

Any way, i never had blind hate for this guy. Its just this year its more obvious that he sucks.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
There's a reason goalies should never be paid as much as elite forwards: they can't score. The difference between the best and the very good is .005-.010 save percentage. Price's historic .930 performance was incredible, but also unsustainable since he also had two elite Dmen in front of him as well. Those elite Dmen are all gone and now we have plugs in front of him who are more prone to mistakes than old Markov and "reckless" Subban. When the season is done, Price is probably back to .920 form instead of .930 form since the garbage in front of him will commit so many mistakes that he can't just stand on his head for 40-50 games.

Even during the dead puck era, the formula of having no offense in front and having a goalie stand on his head was a recipe for failure. The Devils could score goals like any other elite goalscoring team; it was not just Brodeur and a bunch of plugs.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
When the season is done, Price is probably back to .920 form instead of .930 form

i think that is being overly optimistic.....i dont think he will be over .910 when the season ends, what you see is what your gonna get,

i think people (including MB) were just blinded by Price stats alone, not taking into consideration how good the defense was,

as we are seeing , without superior defense, Price is a mid pack goalie, and nothing more

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
i think that is being overly optimistic.....i dont think he will be over .910 when the season ends, what you see is what your gonna get,

i think people (including MB) were just blinded by Price stats alone, not taking into consideration how good the defense was,

as we are seeing , without superior defense, Price is a mid pack goalie, and nothing more
Our defense has sucked over the years.... not sure what you're talking about here. He had multiple seasons where we were bottom third across the board and Price still put up incredible numbers and got teams into the playoffs with 100 point seasons.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

No, Price is not a uber brick wall goalie, but he is still elite. Just overpaid. Montreal got spoiled by his historic performance and are too used to a unusual level of goaltending being the norm.

The issue with Price is a matter of what the team is getting in return for his pay, but not a matter of whether he's elite or not. Just that even as an elite goalie, he's not worth 10.5 million.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Our defense has sucked over the years.... not sure what you're talking about here. He had multiple seasons where we were bottom third across the board and Price still put up incredible numbers and got teams into the playoffs with 100 point seasons.
We had a poor defensive system--or more accurately, lack of a system, but some really great players like Subban and Markov. The defense would be best described as mediocre.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Funny how when people scuffed at me for saying Price would never have gotten those trophies without Subban and Markov in 14-15, that it wasn't all Price .... do you friggin believe me now???? F***

No.

Virtually every analytic.. standard and advanced pointed toward Price being superhuman.

But, yes his numbers would have been worse if he didn't have one functioning pairing.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We had a poor defensive system--or more accurately, lack of a system, but some really great players like Subban and Markov. The defense would be best described as mediocre.
Absolutely. End of the day though we were mostly outplayed. The 2014 team had some great talent on it but we totally mismanaged it.

As much as the 2015 numbers were great from Price the 2014 season he was absolutely spectacular and I'd argue he was actually better. That was some of the best goaltending I've ever seen.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Funny how when people scuffed at me for saying Price would never have gotten those trophies without Subban and Markov in 14-15, that it wasn't all Price .... do you friggin believe me now???? F***
Price being amazing takes zero away from Subban. Subban was (and continues to be) one of the most underrated players in the league. But 25 mins of Subban/Markov doesn't change the fact that the team gave up horrible goal scoring opportunities and relied on Price to a ridiculous extent.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Price being amazing takes zero away from Subban. Subban was (and continues to be) one of the most underrated players in the league. But 25 mins of Subban/Markov doesn't change the fact that the team gave up horrible goal scoring opportunities and relied on Price to a ridiculous extent.

Yeah, but that's the problem, people get hung-up on the defensive mistakes, but don't realize how those mistakes would have been three fold if Price didnt have Markov and Subban to quickly exit the zone and often keep the play up the ice.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad