Carey Price and the Dogs win the Calder Cup!!!! Price Calder Cup playoffs MVP!

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Yeah, you're right. No matter how delicately I tried to phrase it (with disclaimers and all) people are gonna read my post and think I'm some blind idiot Hab fan homer tooting his own prospects' horn at the expense of others. I should've posted under a fake Leafs fan account to try and bring a notion of impartiality to my viewpoint ;)

There have been so many posts like that (from fans all teams - not just the habs), that I can see why people would assume that. To be fair though, your post is not one of those "typical" posts and I see you put some thought into it and bring up some valid points. I still disagree with the thought though :)

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
There have been so many posts like that (from fans all teams - not just the habs), that I can see why people would assume that. To be fair though, your post is not one of those "typical" posts and I see you put some thought into it and bring up some valid points. I still disagree with the thought though :)

Okay, as long as you read my posts and see where I'm coming from, then that's cool. I acknowledge it's a bit much to think now (and can see why people would recoil instantly at the mere mention of a comparison), but just the fact that one could even entertain the possibility is interesting to me. And not just because it's Price - if it were someone like Bobby Ryan or Benoit Pouliot tearing up their respective leagues, I'd make the same kind of post about them.

But as much as anything could happen to Crosby resulting in a Lindros-like finish to his career, the same could be said with Price going the way of Jim Carrey or Blaine Lacher or whoever. It works both ways...just so people don't think I'm biased ;)

Alexisonfyre

Mar 19, 2007
To MTL:

Sydney Crosby

To PIT:

Carey Price + Michael Ryder + 2nd round draft pick

Surprised I haven't seen this yet. ;)

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Hilarious!

Anyways, congrats to Carey Price and the Bulldogs...:handclap:

Dont mind MooseOak...He is upset at Justin Pogge's downfall from overrated prospect to actual mediocre AHL goalie.

To top it off, Price displaying his status as best goalie prospect since Roberto Luongo is gnawing at him.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Dont mind MooseOak...He is upset at Justin Pogge's downfall from overrated prospect to actual mediocre AHL goalie.

To top it off, Price displaying his status as best goalie prospect since Roberto Luongo is gnawing at him.

Trust me, I don't mind it at all, I find it quite funny actually...I just find it hilarious, you must really despise a team to make a post like that.

As for Pogge, while I think he'll be a good NHL goaltender some day, I don't see what all the fuss with him is about.

I think JFJ lacked foresight when he made that trade, I thought it was a mistake then and still think so today.

It's the equivalent of Bob Gainey trading Price after his WJC performance, cause Halak was tearing it up in the AHL at the time

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Check some the moronic responses to see why it's taboo. (see directly above for an unimaginative example)

The discussion isn't interesting it's premature. Crosby is a star/franchise forward while Price may become a star goaltender. Right now Price is nothing more than a prospect who has shown a tonne of potential (why that is not enough I don't know)

Thank you for bringing some common sense back in this thread.I too am excited about Price but i have learned to not go overboard when it come to hyping prospects.Yes he was very impressive and had an outstanding season this year but as long as he doesn't prove himself in the NHL this is worth nothing.Very encouraging ?? Yes but to the point of comparing him to Crosby ?? Cmon now....

Bryzga lol*

Congrats to Price. To bad his celebration thread had to be ruined by Hab Homers. :P

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Thank you for bringing some common sense back in this thread.I too am excited about Price but i have learned to not go overboard when it come to hyping prospects.Yes he was very impressive and had an outstanding season this year but as long as he doesn't prove himself in the NHL this is worth nothing.Very encouraging ?? Yes but to the point of comparing him to Crosby ?? Cmon now....

Ugh, nobody's hyping jack. READ, PEOPLE!

mooseOAK*

It feels just like yesterday that Jeff Carter and Mike Richards were going to turn the NHL on its ear after a glorious Calder Cup win.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It feels just like yesterday that Jeff Carter and Mike Richards were going to turn the NHL on its ear after a glorious Calder Cup win.

Man...can you sleep at night harbouring so much jealousy within?

I know I couldn't.

Who cares about Jeff Carter and Mike Richards and what they did in their Calder Cup run.

We're discussing Carey Price winning the Calder Cup and playoff MVP, what he may or may not do at the NHL level, isn't the purpose of this thread.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Having watched Price with some non-Hab fans I can tell you that sentiment is echoed by a lot of people.

One of my friends calls him the 'Bob Ross of goaltenders' because he's so laid back. We also speculated that he may not actually be aware that he was playing in the playoffs and hopes to be ready for when they start.

It's amazing how laid back he is.

He'll need to stay calm..especially in Montreal..

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON

Who cares about Jeff Carter and Mike Richards... This is about congartualting the Habdogs on winning the Calder Cup behind the play of an MVP goalie. And as far as I know, neither of Carter and Richards were the playoff MVP.

Having said that, I still think Carter will be a great NHL player and Richards will be a great checker.

Stop being so bitter just because Leaf prospects can't come close to those team accomplishements.

mooseOAK*

Who cares about Jeff Carter and Mike Richards... This is about congartualting the Habdogs on winning the Calder Cup behind the play of an MVP goalie. And as far as I know, neither of Carter and Richards were the playoff MVP.

Having said that, I still think Carter will be a great NHL player and Richards will be a great checker.

Stop being so bitter just because Leaf prospects can't come close to those team accomplishements.
Nikolai Kulemin scored a playoff high 10 goals in the RSL playoffs leading Magnetigorsk to the championships.

Anton Stralman was a first team all star in the SEL as a 20 year old.

Outstanding accomplishments but I didn't even think of starting a thread for either.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Oh, really?

Well...the title of this thread is

"Carey Price and the Dogs win the Calder Cup!!!! Price Calder Cup playoffs MVP!"

It doesn't state "Carey Price wins Calder Cup will go on to have better career than Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur put together"

I mean Price just finishes winning a Calder Cup and an MVP to boot, and you decide to post in that very thread "Whopdeedo"...like it's not big deal he accomplised all of that. If that's what you think, fine, keep it to yourself or start a thread on the Leafs board about it, don't come post it in this thread.

I understand you're a Leafs fan and you're supposed to despise everything Hab related, but damn :shakehead

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Nikolai Kulemin scored a playoff high 10 goals in the RSL playoffs leading Magnetigorsk to the championships.

Outstanding accomplishments but I didn't even think of starting a thread for either.

God forbid somebody post about an outstanding accomplishment by a prospect and a team developing prospects on Hockey's Future's Boards. :sarcasm:

This is nothing more than sour grapes on your part.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

So basically you're jealous...that's all i'm getting from you're explanation.

Did someone make you a mod or somethin'? You're now advising everyone on what is thread worthy?

What's your point?

And if you're trying to say what Strahlman and Kulemin did were Outstanding accomplishments, than what does that say about what Carey Price has done this year?

time

Feb 26, 2005
As a Habs fan, I want to celebrate Price's accomplishment without comparisons to Crosby, nor with any slagging of Pogge, Richards, Carter, Roy, Theodore, etc...

I'm going to take my cue from Price himself: stay focussed on the essential fact. Price has just finished six months that could pass into legend, although there is a lot more he has to prove.

I'm really going to savour this one over the next few years.

Blades 0f Steel

Jun 23, 2002

That's a shame, considering that's what this board is for.

But then again, those accomplishments really do pale in comparison to what Price has done.

mooseOAK*

So basically you're jealous...that's all i'm getting from you're explanation.

Did someone make you a mod or somethin'? You're now advising everyone on what is thread worthy?

What's your point?

And if you're trying to say what Strahlman and Kulemin did were Outstanding accomplishments, than what does that say about what Carey Price has done this year?

Outstanding accomplishments in leagues that aren't the NHL is the point I was trying to get across and I am sure that many, many people would have reminded me of that.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Outstanding accomplishments in leagues that aren't the NHL is the point I was trying to get across and I am sure that many, many people would have reminded me of that.

I'm sorry...maybe it's just me, but all i'm getting from you is sour grapes.

It's almost as though you're upset he won the Calder Cup and MVP, you're trying to tell me their wouldn't be a similar thread had Justin Pogge done the same?

Please, come on mooseOAK...I know you despise the Habs but this is ridiculous and I know you're a much better poster than that.

habfan4

Jul 16, 2002
Deus Amat Pretzel
Visit site
Ugh, nobody's hyping jack. READ, PEOPLE!

When you make a comparison between an established star and an unproven (albeit talented) commodity it can easily be construed as hype. It’s perfectly fine to pose the question “Who is more valuable, a franchise forward or a franchise goaltender”, which I suspect is your point. However, if you’re going to pose that question it only makes sense to do so in general terms or if you compare two players with similar accomplishments. Why not ask a question such as: “If the 2005 draft was tomorrow - Would you take Price ahead of Bobby Ryan or Benoit Pouliot?” Throwing Crosby into the mix only invites ridicule.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->