Career Years

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021
Who had a career year last year? who's going to have one this year? I think a large part of our success last year was because a few guys were playing above or even at expectations.

2021-22 Career year. Will be more impressive this year:
Makar - won Norris and Smythe. made case for best player in the league. Pretty darn good year. Most likely, he'll top it this year.

Nichushkin. Best forward on the team for parts of the year. Hopefully, he doesn't slow down now that he's gotten paid. I don't think he will. He's only going to get better.

Devon Toews. A top defensemen in the league, playing with The top defensemen in the league. He'd have to purposely try to regress to make it out of this category

2021-22 Career Year. Won't repeat this year:

Kadri. Obvisouly.

J. Johnson. Not a career year, but played well above expectations.

Landeskog - He was killing it last year, before the knee surgery. I hope that wasn't his last "best year", but we don't even know when he's going to be back.

2022-23 Career Year, (but repeatable in the future):

Byram - Looked incredible last year when not injured. Can't wait to see a whole year of this kid.

Lehkonen/Manson/Cogliano - These guys just have to play like they did in the playoffs for a whole season to rack up the accolades.

Rodrigues - This guy has the biggest opportunity since he made the league. I think he'll push himself to thrive and earn a big, big payday next year.

MacKinnon -I feel like he'll go on a tear to prove that he's earned the title "highest paid player in the league".

Newhook/LOC will pick up their game from last year, but we won't be talking about them having career years at this time next year. Meyers will probably start strong, but will hit the wall around January. ( like LOC last year).

I definitely don't see any of the remaining roster regressing. It's pretty easy to say that we can repeat again this year.

Last edited:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Compher is in a contract year and will get plenty of time in the top 6 this year given that Landeskog is out indefinitely and he is the next man up from the 3rd line. He's paced ~0.48 points per game across the last few seasons which is just under 40 point pace, so if he can stay healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see him break the 40 point barrier for the first time.

Also expecting Lehkonen to have a career year playing on the top line with MacKinnon and Rantanen along with the bumper spot on PP1. I think he eclipses 50 points and may even get close to 60.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Who had a career year last year? who's going to have one this year? I think a large part of our success last year was because a few guys were playing above or even at expectations.

2021-22 Career year. Will be more impressive this year:
Makar - won Norris and Smythe. made case for best player in the league. Pretty darn good year. Most likely, he'll top it this year.

Nichushkin. Best forward on the team for parts of the year. Hopefully, he doesn't slow down now that he's gotten paid. I don't think he will. He's only going to get better.

Devon Toews. A top defensemen in the league, playing with The top defensemen in the league. He'd have to purposely try to regress to make it out of this category

2021-22 Career Year. Won't repeat this year:

Kadri. Obvisouly.

J. Johnson. Not a career year, but played well above expectations.

Landeskog - He was killing it last year, before the knee surgery. I hope that wasn't his last "best year", but we don't even know when he's going to be back.

2022-23 Career Year, (but repeatable in the future):

Byram - Looked incredible last year when not injured. Can't wait to see a whole year of this kid.

Lehkonen/Manson/Cogliano - These guys just have to play like they did in the playoffs for a whole season to rack up the accolades.

Rodrigues - This guy has the biggest opportunity since he made the league. I think he'll push himself to thrive and earn a big, big payday next year.

MacKinnon -I feel like he'll go on a tear to prove that he's earned the title "highest paid player in the league".

Newhook/LOC will pick up their game from last year, but we won't be talking about them having career years at this time next year. Meyers will probably start strong, but will hit the wall around January. ( like LOC last year).

I definitely don't see any of the remaining roster regressing. It's pretty easy to say that we can repeat again this year.
I think under coach Bednar, the ceiling is limitless. Despite having pretty much the best D-Men, forwards and goalies last season, we still have plenty of improvement in us, so beware NHL, AVS are coming for you.

This club makes good players great. Once they are great here, they develop into legendary.

Skies the limit mate. I honestly think we haven't seen anything yet with this team. I can see complete annihilation. If I'm the opposition clubs, I'm keeping the cops on standby because their fans are going to witness an AVS assault in their very own stadiums.

I'd almost feel sorry for the opposition if winning wasn't so addictive. Thankfully, out team enables us in that addiction haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad