Marc-Andre Gragnani - Bob Sanguinetti
Allan Rourke - Brad Fast

Patrick DesRochers
Jamie Storr

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Wow. I have absolutely zero recollection of Tim Wallace.
He played about half the year during the lockout season and didn't do anything except try to hit the opposing defenseman three seconds after they released the puck every chance he got. Slow, no hockey sense, zero offensive ability. Was basically a poor man's Craig Adams.

There was lots of handwringing by many here when he got waived solely because he was "physical" after doing nothing for 20 games except getting scored against and having one point that was a result of a puck deflecting off his leg. A lot of people were convinced he was this great 4th liner because he hit a lot.

I don't understand how any Canes fan can *not* love Wallace. He's exactly the player we've needed here for a long, long, long time, IMO. He's got a motor like LaRose, but when he hits a guy, the opponent actually feels it. He's obviously struggling to produce points, but I can't help but think there's a chance that improves if he keeps forechecking like he has.

You say that as if he doesn't really hit all that often, but he has the highest rate of hits on the team. And that's more impressive when you consider he's skating 4th-line minutes with minimal opportunity for gimme hits in offensive-zone situations. On a team that's absolutely warm-butter soft, he's one of the few players who seems to relish a physical role.

I'm not sure what he's supposed to be doing out there that he hasn't done. He's a 4th-liner and plays like a 4th-liner.

If Wallace clears and goes to Charlotte, no harm no foul. But if he's claimed, which wouldn't be a total shock, that would be a senseless way to lose a regular roster player. So I'm wondering what is the upside to waiving him.

Yes, because having a roster full of Charmin soft players who can score goals will win so many games!

Having a 4th line that can go out, hit people, wear and grind the other team down, opens things up for the goal scoring lines to go out there and... *gasp* score goals! :amazed:

So, uh, yeah, it is kinda important if you want to actually score goals. :shakehead

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/jokinen-wallace-on-waivers.1385741/page-5

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
He played about half the year during the lockout season and didn't do anything except try to hit the opposing defenseman three seconds after they released the puck every chance he got. Slow, no hockey sense, zero offensive ability. Was basically a poor man's Craig Adams.

There was lots of handwringing by many here when he got waived solely because he was "physical" after doing nothing for 20 games except getting scored against and having one point that was a result of a puck deflecting off his leg. A lot of people were convinced he was this great 4th liner because he hit a lot.

I’m right in my analysis. Unsurprisingly he never played another NHL game, let alone getting claimed by another team.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com

thank you for not listing names on those takes so ic ould guess who said it before clicking

it was a fun game for me to play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad