OT: carcbj

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Columbus seems like a dumpy place to live. Kind of like the NJ of the midwest.

I was kiteboarding with a couple of folks from Columbus the other week and they kept looking at me knowingly telling me how "Progressive" it was. Finally I was like "I know you've only known me for like a day, but do I seem like the kind of cat that resonates with?"

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I was really impressed by Columbus the one time I drove through there. They have the kind of downtown that people in Raleigh seem to want.

yes, they do

like i said, it is like raleigh and durham if it was one city instead of two. just don't go further outside of the city than new albany/gahanna/westerville/dublin/etc. and you will think ohio is great! go far enough outside of columbus to be in newark and you will wonder if your vehicle teleported to roxboro or sanford or something without all the accents

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
One of my co-workers was born and raised in Columbus and mentioned the same thing about it being similar to the Triangle except that Ohio State is NCSU/Duke/UNC all rolled into one with other smaller schools nearby. I've never been there but it sounds accurate. Raleigh, San Jose, and Columbus are the only American towns that just have NHL and nothing else in the Big-4, and San Jose is more or less connected with San Francisco. So I guess you could say that Raleigh is the Columbus of the South and Columbus is the Raleigh of the Midwest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->