GDT: carcbj

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
The hilarity that ensues on another team's board anytime we beat them is priceless. OK yeah, we suck, but it's about a .500 team over any reasonable time frame you look at, it's like totally not out of the realm of possibility that a given team on a given night would lose a game to the Canes.
We do the same thing. All fanbases do it.

Fans of all sports like to pretend that there isn't another team on the other side of the field trying just as much to win as your team or that luck doesn't play a role in determining the outcome of a game.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
We do the same thing. All fanbases do it.

I'm not talking about them being mad because they think the team could've played better or whatever, I'm talking about them being legit angry because "we lost to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 9 years"

I mean, what does that have to do with anything. We're on pace for 88 points, they're on pace for 91. These are basically very similar teams in terms of competitiveness. Why would you assume that should be such a cakewalk to the point where when you lose to that team it's all "fire everybody."

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I'm not talking about them being mad because they think the team could've played better or whatever, I'm talking about them being legit angry because "we lost to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 9 years"

I mean, what does that have to do with anything. We're on pace for 88 points, they're on pace for 91. These are basically very similar teams in terms of competitiveness. Why would you assume that should be such a cakewalk to the point where when you lose to that team it's all "fire everybody."
f*** blue jackets

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

We literally just did that last week with Arizona and Colorado.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
"Dominating the play"? Outside of a sequence after the latest penalty kill, I feel Columbus has been the far better team tonight. They're breaking out the puck cleanly, they're jumping on turnovers (which the Canes are happy to provide), and they're smothering much of our offensive game.

Yeah, not sure what game you were watching, we controlled the vast majority of play throughout. At the point you posted this, giveaways were 8 CBJ vs. 2 CAR.

GDT thread shenanigans mojo confirmed.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Thought I'd share this as it was a good read. The Athletic has an article up from the Blue Jackets game on Friday. This quote was spot on:

The Hurricanes are a wedding reception with no liquor. They're the hockey equivalent of Tressel-ball. They have star players — Jordan Staal, Jeff Skinner, Sebastian Aho, Justin Williams, Justin Fault, etc. — but they play a style in which everybody looks the same.

The Athletic

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->