GDT: CarBuf

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I had to call Philips customer service today because of my TV. OH MY GOD. I'm still angry.

Blackberry broke my phone by sending out an update that bricked it, and wants me to pay them money to talk to a support person. I mean, holy Jesus, doesn't get much worse than that. I'm half tempted to take them to small claims court for breaking my property if just to be as massive a pain in the ass to them as possible at this point.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
They still have service for Blackberrys? You know the iphone has been out for 10 years? Samsung makes a pretty good one too haha.

Blackberry Priv. Runs on android, and is a really great phone. If they had made it 2 years before they ultimately did, they would have recovered as a major player in the smartphone market. iPhones suck, I hate just about everything apple has ever designed. I'd be able to live with a Samsung, but I really like having a physical keyboard, and there's only one game in town for that.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Random thoughts:

TT is now leading the team in scoring.

The Williams goal is my second favorite two on one goal ever, after Whitney making Chara his bitch and setting up Sutter

PDG looked good tonight

Rask and Faulk were completely MIA. I'm suspecting a looney toons monstar scheme at this point.

Curling is a strange sport and probably shouldn't exist.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Blackberry Priv. Runs on android, and is a really great phone. If they had made it 2 years before they ultimately did, they would have recovered as a major player in the smartphone market. iPhones suck, I hate just about everything apple has ever designed. I'd be able to live with a Samsung, but I really like having a physical keyboard, and there's only one game in town for that.

I wanted that phone when it first came out. I miss having a real keyboard.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
If I understand right, Blackberry doesn't exist in any real sense anymore, the software is Android and the hardware is 3rd party from China. Not surprising that their customer service is garbage - I could say the same about my fancy 4K TV that went ****-up after 6 months. I was on the phone for two hours and they clearly were trying to just get rid of me. Arguing that the warranty was up when it was clearly not and I had the receipt to prove it. Asking me endless parades of stupid questions that I had already answered multiple times. I got put on hold 5 different times over the course of the call after waiting on hold for the initial answer for 45 minutes. I fully do not expect the TV to get fixed in a reasonable time, maybe not at all.

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
Really happy with Darling's response to a very subpar performance last night.

Aho looked into the game all night and was rewarded, again.

PDG, I said he was invisible the other night and tonight he was everything but. Seemed every time he was on the ice Forslund had to say his name.

Gotta win the ugly games and we did that. Hopefully we learn to close out the pretty games.

Now lets catch up two points tomorrow.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Soo what y'all are saying is that Darling finally stole us a game. We need more of that.
Darling has been hung out to dry basically by the same team that's been around for years now and they should have no problem taking the credit for it. And as bad as Darling has been to start the season, he's still a huge reason why we have any hope compared to the last few years without him. This season and next are Francis' shot at being a year round GM for anytime he pleases. Early results are abysmal for him though.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
Darling has been hung out to dry basically by the same team that's been around for years now and they should have no problem taking the credit for it. And as bad as Darling has been to start the season, he's still a huge reason why we have any hope compared to the last few years without him. This season and next are Francis' shot at being a year round GM for anytime he pleases. Early results are abysmal for him though.
my my hey hey
trolling hfboards is here to stay
it's better to burn out
than to fade away
my my hey hey

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Anyone been noticing a trend of the other teams pounding us away from the play with no calls? I want to say it was late in the 3rd last night when one of Buffalo's D straight up boarded Aho after the puck was out of their zone.

Against the Isles we had players being dumpstered all over the ice not just "being weak on their skates"

Wish Peters would give McGinn and Fluery a license to be nasty like that with other teams.

Mathios

May 20, 2017
Couldn't watch the game last night, watching a replay right now.

Need to comment on E. Kane's hattrick.
1- Fool everyone into thinking you scored a goal, but it really went on the back of the net.
2- Get it into the net, but it's overturned because you kicked it in.
3- Actually score a goal.

I know he scored his actual goal before the soccer one, but...dramatic purposes.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
If I understand right, Blackberry doesn't exist in any real sense anymore, the software is Android and the hardware is 3rd party from China. Not surprising that their customer service is garbage - I could say the same about my fancy 4K TV that went ****-up after 6 months. I was on the phone for two hours and they clearly were trying to just get rid of me. Arguing that the warranty was up when it was clearly not and I had the receipt to prove it. Asking me endless parades of stupid questions that I had already answered multiple times. I got put on hold 5 different times over the course of the call after waiting on hold for the initial answer for 45 minutes. I fully do not expect the TV to get fixed in a reasonable time, maybe not at all.
Considering I'm in the market right now, which TV is it? Because the Sharp and LG that I'm both looking at are the same price point so that could make a big difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->