GDT: carbos

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

Holy crap, they just might actually start Darling. Finally - a direction. For me that would be super encouraging. Clinging to Playoff hopes by starting Ward is the same old ****. Just set this dumpster on fire and light the way forward.

So Aho didn’t even make it to the morning skate in the same spot after Peters moved him to center. Impressive.

At least he had the goood sense to separate Skinner and Ryan so Bergeron’s line has to choose which one of them to abuse thoroughly.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Peters at Monday: "Aho will be going back to center and maybe stay there for the rest of the season."

Peters today: Put Aho on the wing with Lindholm at center.

Even though it's one of those things you see coming, it's still infuriating. I'd rather run with Aho and Lindy down the middle as long as Jordan is out. I'd personally rather have Wallmark on the 3rd line rather than getting 4 minutes on the fourth. And if he has to have Ryan in a prominent role, just put him on wing and let him take faceoffs as needed.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
350px-Optimusg1.jpg
?

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Hoping Darling gets the nod here. There are some decent talents in the top-10 of this year's Draft. Canes could conceivably end up with the #6-7 pick going into the lottery. Could be good fodder if Dundon bangs the table for some meaningful player addition.

The Islanders have two first-rounders this year. The Rangers now have three. Drafting the BPA on our list when it comes our turn is the very definition of the hamster wheel. *Every* team gets better in the draft. If we're going to get better than other teams, simply waiting around and making our pick isn't going to do it.

BTW, I count six players in our lineup tonight who would clear waivers: Ryan, Stempniak, Rask, DiGiuseppe, Nordstrom and Darling. In year four of a five-year rebuild plan, I can't think of many things more humiliating than that. Five of our 12 forwards wouldn't make any other team in the league. Think about that. Then remind me how the he!! this is Bill Peters's fault?!?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
BTW, I count six players in our lineup tonight who would clear waivers: Ryan, Stempniak, Rask, DiGiuseppe, Nordstrom and Darling. In year four of a five-year rebuild plan, I can't think of many things more humiliating than that. Five of our 12 forwards wouldn't make any other team in the league. Think about that.

While that does indeed suck, in 12/13, shortly before RF took over, we had way more than that: Here's the list of guys that played at least 30 / 48 games that season: Corvo, Dwyer, Harrison, Gleason, McBain, Sanginetti, Bowman, Westgarth, LaRose, Brent, Wallace (28 games). On top of that, we had Semin (bought out 2 years later), Jokinen (did pass through waivers that 12/13 season), Ruutu (lucky to get rid of him by retaining salary), Gleason (bought out the following season by Toronto), Tlusty (not a regular NHLr 2 years later).

The vast majority of that team was out of the NHL a year or two later. The ONLY guys from that team 5 years ago still in the NHL today? Staal, Staal, Skinner, Faulk, Riley Nash, and Cam Ward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->