GDT: carbos

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
So how long does this skid last? Our next 2 are against Philly and NJ, both hot and motivated. Then the Jets, likely a clown pounding. Then the Wild, we all know what’s going to happen there.

Maybe March 8th against the Hawks?
No, we lose against Hawks, we only win vs them when they are good, this year we are losing vs them.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
But we don't know what he's been asked to do either.
It's a very real possibility that he's been asked to shore up his defensive game. The CAR org has been known to do that, and certainly Tri-Cities coaching could be pushing it, too. Also, maybe he's not getting the gifts to his offensive stats that he got in Calgary...things like #1 PP time, offensive zone starts, etc.

Then again, maybe he's just forgotten how to play hockey.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
It's a very real possibility that he's been asked to shore up his defensive game. The CAR org has been known to do that, and certainly Tri-Cities coaching could be pushing it, too. Also, maybe he's not getting the gifts to his offensive stats that he got in Calgary...things like #1 PP time, offensive zone starts, etc.

Then again, maybe he's just forgotten how to play hockey.

Clearly he sucks, he's already a has-bean, and is the worst defenseman in Canada. Didn't he single-handedly nearly undermine the WJCs for them this year? Case closed.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Weren’t you the same one lamenting the loss of Nishushkin, criticizing the organization for taking Lindholm instead of him, because he was “the physical forward that we needed”?

How’d that work out?

More than the individual players, I think the draft from a fan perspective where we're really just regurgitating what we read for the most part in terms of projecting the future, is about types of players. The Canes needed and still need a fast Eric Cole style game breaking power forward.

The experts said Nishushkin was that guy. Instead we got the balanced playmaking center for the team with no goalscorers, and stuck him on the wing.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I told everyone last year how much Ryan sucked and almost nobody listened because "omg 35 point pace!!!" He's by far the weakest player in the NHL and it constantly costs this team goals. Who gives a **** if you score 35 points (while constantly playing with Jeff Skinner, no less) if you get lit up at the other end of the ice even when you're getting unbelievably sheltered minutes. Just like last year he's totally disappeared at a crucial point of the season. 15-game pointless streak right around this time last year, now 1 point in his last 14 games this year. He can't handle it when the intensity ramps up. He just can't. Any sort of physical pressure and the puck is gone.

Ahh, the holy one has graced us with his presence for yet another opportunity to bestow his great knowledge upon us. Except, who the f*** didn't think Ryan sucked? There may have been some arguments about how much he sucked, but I really can't recall anybody endorsing Ryan as some useful NHL player. "Nobody listened"? :laugh:

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Huh? I'm not being deliberately obtuse, I just cannot understand where this sentiment comes from.

Using high draft positions on players that don't quite pan out, or are busts all together. Sorry, bad metaphor. Please don't feel the need to defend Francis, and/or his drafting capabilities. I think he's done ok, and I know plenty of teams have similar luck in the draft. I'm just bandwagon hating this team right now and I certainly wouldn't classify myself as a Francis supporter. I'll be fine after a ham sandwich, and a Coke.

Reactions: Breakdowns

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Ahh, the holy one has graced us with his presence for yet another opportunity to bestow his great knowledge upon us. Except, who the **** didn't think Ryan sucked? There may have been some arguments about how much he sucked, but I really can't recall anybody endorsing Ryan as some useful NHL player. "Nobody listened"? :laugh:

I don’t understand the point of being a member on a message board that you only visit to tell everyone else how much smarter you are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad