GDT: carbos

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Not to be a dick, but I'd be curious as to the reasoning behind Bean over McAvoy. I know we're just viewers of the game, and in no way qualified to tell who is a good player and who isn't, but it didn't take a lot to see that McAvoy was going to be a stud. I just don't think we can excuse these horrible decisions. Imagine what we could get for a d-man if we had McAvoy with our current group. It just doesn't make sense. Are we trying to outthink the room?
Just remember, several teams passed on these guys

We just happen to be one of those teams every single time

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Just remember, several teams passed on these guys

We just happen to be one of those teams every single time

No, I'm not asking why McAvoy dropped to No. 14 overall. I'm asking why did the Hurricanes choose Jake Bean over Charlie McAvoy when both were on the board at No. 13. (Note: CSB had McAvoy No. 6 and Bean No. 15 in NA skaters.)

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Not to be a dick, but I'd be curious as to the reasoning behind Bean over McAvoy. I know we're just viewers of the game, and in no way qualified to tell who is a good player and who isn't, but it didn't take a lot to see that McAvoy was going to be a stud. I just don't think we can excuse these horrible decisions. Imagine what we could get for a d-man if we had McAvoy with our current group. It just doesn't make sense. Are we trying to outthink the room?
No telling, McAvoy was the one of the two that I wanted at the draft if we were going to take a dman. RHS, good offensively and he was coming off an excellent freshman season at BU at 18. All truth told I wanted us to go Bellows, Goat at the draft, which wouldn't be looking too stellar right now but that's neither here or there, though in my defense DeBrincat is the guy I wanted if we only got one of the two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad