GDT: CAR @ PHI: Lining up for the Extra Point

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I know they scored, but damn, Skinner loses the puck so much these days. What happened to him?
He always lost the puck a lot. He's always been a guy who goes a little nuts trying to force crazy plays that sometimes work. At his best, he's also one of the league's elite players at forcing turnovers and stripping other players to get pucks back.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He always lost the puck a lot. He's always been a guy who goes a little nuts trying to force crazy plays that sometimes work. At his best, he's also one of the league's elite players at forcing turnovers and stripping other players to get pucks back.

Yeah, but it seems worse to me this year. I remember early on in his career, he was tough to get the puck away from and even with his twists and turns, held onto it. Now, it seems to get away from him a lot more. Maybe it's just my imagination.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Yeah, but it seems worse to me this year. I remember early on in his career, he was tough to get the puck away from and even with his twists and turns, held onto it. Now, it seems to get away from him a lot more. Maybe it's just my imagination.

I don't know if he's losing it more, but he's definitely had a down season in terms of forcing turnovers, so the ratio of lost pucks to gained pucks is different from what we're used to seeing.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't know if he's losing it more, but he's definitely had a down season in terms of forcing turnovers, so the ratio of lost pucks to gained pucks is different from what we're used to seeing.

Maybe you are right. I just don't recall him skating straight and losing the puck out in front of him like he is this year (and even on that PP). Maybe he did, I just don't recall it that frequently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->