Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] F Brendan Lemieux signs extension with the Hurricanes (1 year, $775k)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Lemieux has the right attitude and probably why they re-signed him. This story was from a few months back.

But Lemieux hasn't let the lack of playing time bother him. Instead, he's fully bought into the culture in Raleigh, and it's all because of the man behind the bench.

"I'm just blessed to be in a place where I have a coach who takes good care of me," Lemieux said. "You can always tell the difference between a guy who cares and one who doesn't. I can tell Roddy cares about us as people and as players. I have all the time in the world for a coach like that, so I'm just happy to be here around this group. It's a really good, deep group and I want to help contribute later in the season and in the playoffs. If it means sitting out games and waiting for my chances, so be it."

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Carolina Gaslighters.

You f***ing suck you're getting waived.

You're fine you can play.

Here's a contract.

Probably healthy scratch soon
Yes, he will almost certainly be a healthy scratch again soon. He is the most likely forward to leave the lineup when either Guentzel or Drury are ready to play.

But when someone gets hurt, he comes in cold and plays the game RBA wants well. Can't ask for more out of a 13th forward than that.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Lemieux has the right attitude and probably why they re-signed him. This story was from a few months back.

But Lemieux hasn't let the lack of playing time bother him. Instead, he's fully bought into the culture in Raleigh, and it's all because of the man behind the bench.

"I'm just blessed to be in a place where I have a coach who takes good care of me," Lemieux said. "You can always tell the difference between a guy who cares and one who doesn't. I can tell Roddy cares about us as people and as players. I have all the time in the world for a coach like that, so I'm just happy to be here around this group. It's a really good, deep group and I want to help contribute later in the season and in the playoffs. If it means sitting out games and waiting for my chances, so be it."
Love that attitude. Guy can be a bit of a slimeball but it looks like he's straightened himself out a bit. He's been playing hard, straight ahead hockey and actually fills a role the Canes may need.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
He is a good pro. You need a guy like that as a 12th/13th forward. Takes care of himself when not playing so he is ready, plays hard when he's in, and knows what his role is on the team.

I was skeptical of the need for him when we got him this summer, but he has more than made me a believer.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Yeah he's a bit of a meathead on the ice but he plays waaaay better than I envisioned when we signed him last summer. He'll never score 50 points but he has better hands than I anticipated. More than anything, he's a 4th line guy who can get the team going with physical play and a fight if need be. For the playoffs, it is useful to have this option as a 13th forward.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Good for CAR. I wouldn't be shocked if B.Lemieux stays in the league for another 5+ years. He is not some gamebreaker, but if the Ducks were in the playoff hunt, then I'd absolutely love to have guy like him on the roster.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Didnt they just waive him?

Certainly provided leverage. No one else wanted him. Sign league minimum.

This quote has been rehearsed many a time by depth players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad