Captain Confusion

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
The Free Press reported that Stuart and Jokinen are the A's in a way that suggested that Enstrom and Byfuglien had been stripped of their duty. Did we not rotate our A's home and away last season? Are we not doing that again?

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I assumed that's what they were doing..

Has it been confirmed Toby and Buff have been stripped and not getting them on away games?

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Read that tidbit today in the Winnipeg Free Press. It didn't mention if Enstrom and Byfuglien were keeping/wearing 'A's on the road. I hope they are. The small piece that touched on this said the team did it quietly. I don't quite understand why they'd have to be so secretive about their team Captains.

Guess we'll see tomorrow on the road if Enstrom and Byfuglien have their 'A's. I really hope they do. Would be pretty damn odd to give Jokinen, a new guy, an 'A' and strip our other core guys of theirs.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Jets website in the roster lists just Jokinen and Stuart with 'A's, if that means anything.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Its not "getting stripped" of them

Dont teams generally vote for them at the begining of the year?

I know a few have in previous years

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I read in the Free Press that Clitsome was voted in but Noel wouldn't give it to him cause when he wanted him to speak to the ref he couldn't find him ;)

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I read in the Free Press that Clitsome was voted in but Noel wouldn't give it to him cause when he wanted him to speak to the ref he couldn't find him ;)

0.jpg

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Stuart I can understand as the guy is a warrior.

But Jokinen has only played 1 game with the team. I'd rather give it to Antropov (if we have to remove them from Buff and Enstrom at all)

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Interesting. A touch surprising considering Jokinen is a new guy.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
He is the oldest player. Could that be it?

Most league experience, sure. But he's signed for only one more year.

Buff and Toby are signed for a few more years. I find it a bit surprising to take the 'A' off Buff and Toby (seemingly core guys) and give it to Jokinen.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
This is a good decision. He will be a great leader and this will put less on Buff's plate. He made a good impression by staying in great shape during the lockout. He is flying out there compared to some guys who skated at the MTS Iceplex, heck, he's even skated better than Wheeler right now. He will be the guy to bring Kane, Burmi and maybe Scheif along IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad