Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Tampa Bay Bucs News at 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Because you stack the deck, and it’s tiresome. A lot of us are simply saying variations of “this is still pretty damn good all things considered, and a bird in the hand…”

but it doesn’t get to be all things considered. It HAS to be, like… 95th percentile (even strength of course) regardless of injuries or coaching or teammates or playoff sample sizes or bust and then the other one comes in serving word salad generally reserved for politics when the terms aren’t met. Nothing is ever “pretty good but room for improvement” either, they’re either all the way f***ed or they aren’t but it always seems to be one of the two

I think you’re reading a little too much into it. I never said they are for sure screwed, just that 5v5 chance generation is and has been their biggest weakness aside from goaltending (which has been good so far). They could improve!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
MLB playoffs, just saw last night where they have mini cameras installed in the bases showing the players sliding into the base etc.. At the very least, similar cameras could be installed in to the base of the goal posts with a view right above the ice and across the goal line.

How would those show the movement of the puck under that goalie's glove? This will happen once a week or less in the entire league.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
MLB playoffs, just saw last night where they have mini cameras installed in the bases showing the players sliding into the base etc.. At the very least, similar cameras could be installed in to the base of the goal posts with a view right above the ice and across the goal line.

The puck still moves under the glove

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Didn't they install a microchip in the new pucks or did they do away with that? If it's still there, I imagine it shouldn't be hard to implement that in a way to track whether it's over the goal line or not.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
How would those show the movement of the puck under that goalie's glove? This will happen once a week or less in the entire league.
Strictly relying on overhead cameras isn't getting the job done. I know from time to time you would see in some arenas or at some games, a PTZ camera installed in the rear of the goal at the base of the net, but at minimum having mini cameras installed in the bottom of each goal posts at ice level right on the goal line would give the referees another tool to make sure they got it right.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I like this because it teaches them that they still have to compete for a job, nothing will be handed to them long term.

I also think Jimi will get his 9 games then get sent back to Jrs, which will make him sad, but more determined next year.

I think its to be expected when the player in Lappy's slot in the lineup is only playing 10 mins and is getting some special teams time. Overall I would guess that he didn't play well enough to earn more ice time in the games or a spot in the lineup for games going forward. McMichael plays a more grown up game. Lets see if he plays more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad