Dec 3, 2014
What got into Eller?

tumblr_n5h2z8bD571r063k2o1_500.gif

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Those are the types of wins that this team has to have to find its groove. Also shows the basic irrelevance of a guy like Connolly. Stephenson has stepped into that 3rd line W slot and done a lot more with it than Connolly has.

Once Burakovsky comes back, slot him into top 6, move DSP down to 4th line, and trade off Connolly for a defensman.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
While I'm fine seeing Stephenson replace Connolly, (hope to see more young guys replace people) I don't know what kind of defenseman we could get for him. We would probably do better to keep Connolly and Stephenson and trade Eller, and bank an extra 2mil over trading Connolly.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Stephenson's early returns are definitely encouraging, but I'd wait to see it over a longer span before jettisoning any depth. Especially given how inept our 1RW situation is right now.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Those are the types of wins that this team has to have to find its groove. Also shows the basic irrelevance of a guy like Connolly. Stephenson has stepped into that 3rd line W slot and done a lot more with it than Connolly has.

Once Burakovsky comes back, slot him into top 6, move DSP down to 4th line, and trade off Connolly for a defensman.
Had a feeling Stephenson was going to step up. He is producing and also playing well defensively. It is in my opinion that he will be replacing Eller as our 3rd line center. Stephenson is a solid 2way player. Good on faceoffs and can play on the pk unit. Eller is playing well right now but he has shown flashes in the past. He just doesn't do it on a consistent basis. I think Eller is the player we should try to move. He will be a free agent next season and I can't see us resigning him. Not sure what we should do with Connolly. He hasn't impressed me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad