Caps set to draft Ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
(Ovechkin) appeared to be confident in strange surroundings and waved off a translator who offered to help.
Perhaps he should have accepted the offer. The 6-foot-2 wing was asked what his early impressions of America were.
"I think he's good guy, really good skater," Ovechkin responded.

:lol

I think he is taking a good decision to take the jump and answer questions himself. He's going to be ready sooner with the language.

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
(Ovechkin) appeared to be confident in strange surroundings and waved off a translator who offered to help.
Perhaps he should have accepted the offer. The 6-foot-2 wing was asked what his early impressions of America were.

I think he is taking a good decision to take the jump and answer questions himself. He's going to be ready sooner with the language.

Nah I think he just got confused and thought they were talknig about Schremp :joker:

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Vlad The Impaler said:

I read that and almost fell out of my chair. On the other hand if you think about it, he does have a point :P Where do you think America will be drafted??

To the person who sarcastically said news flash, maybe you've missed all the rumors flying around about the Caps dealing the pick??

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Vlad The Impaler said:

Perhaps Ovechkin was speaking for Putin in this instance?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Captain Conservative said:
I read that and almost fell out of my chair. On the other hand if you think about it, he does have a point :P Where do you think America will be drafted??

To the person who sarcastically said news flash, maybe you've missed all the rumors flying around about the Caps dealing the pick??

I am not really sure, america as a prospect is very young (only 200 plus a quarter century) so judging prospects at that age is difficult at best, but wherever america is drafted it will be much higher than the french think that they should . . .

Last edited:

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Captain Conservative said:
I read that and almost fell out of my chair. On the other hand if you think about it, he does have a point :P Where do you think America will be drafted?
I've heard America going anywhere from No. 13 on. My Sabres are really hoping he turns out better than Russia. ;)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I would offer France, Saudi Arabia and Lichtenstein for America, any takers? Admittedly Lichtenstein is just a throw in on the deal, but you know that two pretty good prospects are better then one great one, don't you? I have read that all over these boards. Tell you what, I will even throw in Croatia.

Actually I may be able to sweeten the deal. Just getting france off the team might be worth the deal, they have caused quite a bit of dissension in the lockeroom of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->