Post-Game Talk: Caps Rangers 8:00. Battle of the backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Not a big fan of going with grub here. The metro is so tight, keeping the rags from getting 2 points is more important than 2pts vs bruins... would rather see the best play game 1 is the b2b

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Not a big fan of going with grub here. The metro is so tight, keeping the rags from getting 2 points is more important than 2pts vs bruins... would rather see the best play game 1 is the b2b
Me either. At least we are facing Pavelic.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It's a good plan. This team stinks after a break. Give Gruby the wake-up game. Pull him for Holtby if things get stupid. Hell, that may be what Trotz has in mind.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Playing at MSG ... I hope this time the refs won't miss the too many men on the ice penalty when the entire team Will jump on the ice :help:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Lines:
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Wilson
Vrana-Kuznetsov-Oshie
Burakovsky-Eller-Connolly
Smith-Pelly -Beagle-Chiasson

Orlov-Niskanen
Djoos-Carlson
Orpik-Bowey

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
After looking at the Rags lines, this is definitely a game the Caps can win regardless who is in net.

How AV hasn't been fired yet is baffling.

Actually, these are usually the games the Rangers win. AV puts out an awful lineup, we get 2-3 fluke goals, and our goalie stands on his head. Pavelec has actually done well this season, for all the inconsistent reputation he gets. We'd be one of the worst teams in the league without our goaltending. You guys should have the puck all game. If you aren't up in the mid-high 30's in terms of shots against us, you aren't playing well. Every team we've played recently has destroyed us in the shots column.

Anyway, please beat us. We need all the losses we can get to win the Dahlin sweepstakes. Thanks and Good luck!

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
After looking at the Rags lines, this is definitely a game the Caps can win regardless who is in net.

How AV hasn't been fired yet is baffling.

Maybe because he's a good coach?

btw, if they beat us in regulation today, they'll be behind us by 2 points (and they have a game in hand), and we're at the 7th place in the league. Another reason why AV is still their coach maybe

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Actually, these are usually the games the Rangers win. AV puts out an awful lineup, we get 2-3 fluke goals, and our goalie stands on his head. Pavelec has actually done well this season, for all the inconsistent reputation he gets. We'd be one of the worst teams in the league without our goaltending. You guys should have the puck all game. If you aren't up in the mid-high 30's in terms of shots against us, you aren't playing well. Every team we've played recently has destroyed us in the shots column.

Anyway, please beat us. We need all the losses we can get to win the Dahlin sweepstakes. Thanks and Good luck!

Why is Hayes 3C behind DD? I thought Hayes was the guy who was supposed to make Stepan expendable? And why is Buch on the 4th line? Hasn't he been one of your best forwards this season? Is Shatty really on the 3rd pair? How do Rangers fans feel about him?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Why is Hayes 3C behind DD? I thought Hayes was the guy who was supposed to make Stepan expendable? And why is Buch on the 4th line? Hasn't he been one of your best forwards this season? Is Shatty really on the 3rd pair? How do Rangers fans feel about him?
avlaugh.gif

Hayes has been working well as our 2C, although his point production needs to be a bit up. Buch is tied for 2nd in points on the team and is top of the team in most other advanced stats. But hey, when you gotta anchor him on the fourth line, you just gotta do it.

As for the last question: Shattenkirk has been fine and as expected. He's great offensively, but he's not much defensively. Needs a good partner to help him in his own zone. Unfortunately, AV started with McD-Shatty but moved away from them after one bad game in like...the beginning of the season...instead of giving them a chance.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Maybe because he's a good coach?

btw, if they beat us in regulation today, they'll be behind us by 2 points (and they have a game in hand), and we're at the 7th place in the league. Another reason why AV is still their coach maybe

I see. When you put one of your best performing forwards who is 2nd in points on the 4th line. That's a trademark of good coaching.

What if Trotz put Ovi or Backy on the 4th line? This board would spontaneously combust. haha Who knows. He'll probably shake up the lines after the first few shifts anyways. Maybe AV won't need to the way the Caps have been playing...

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I see. When you put one of your best performing forwards who is 2nd in points on the 4th line. That's a trademark of good coaching.

What if Trotz put Ovi or Backy on the 4th line? This board would spontaneously combust. haha Who knows. He'll probably shake up the lines after the first few shifts anyways. Maybe AV won't need to the way the Caps have been playing...
14:38 TOI/game for Buchnevich. It's not a TOI of a 4th liner for me.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
14:38 TOI/game for Buchnevich. It's not a TOI of a 4th liner for me.

You just proved my point. :laugh: Then why is AV putting him on the 4th line for this game? :confused:

Rags lines:

LW | C | RW
NASH (A) | ZIBANEJAD | ZUCCARELLO (A)
KREIDER | DESHARNAIS | VESEY
GRABNER | HAYES | MILLER
CAREY | NIEVES | BUCHNEVICH

LD | RD
MCDONAGH (C) | HOLDEN
SKJEI | STAAL (A)
SHATTENKIRK | SMITH

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006

Someone, maybe Hunter, put Ovie with two 4th line quality plugs once, including the imortal Joey Crabb. He didn't call it the 4th line but we all knew.

Reactions: CapsRuinedMySleep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->