Caps invite Kurt Russel's son to Prospect Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
EroCaps said:
I have to register to read, but I get the gist with the title.

I have played with and againt Wyatt, and he is an phenomenal JUNIOR B goaltender, not a good JUNIOR A goalie, nor a good WHL goalie, just a great JUNIOR B goalie. He's done tons for his junior b team, leading them to regionals twice, falling short both times, but the Washington Capitals Training Camp, or even Rookie Camp? I mean common, publicity stunt.

BCCHL inactive

Wyatt Russell tried out for the Prince George Cougars (WHL) a couple years ago. He had a great training camp until the intrasquad game, where he completely folded. He buckled under the pressure of a Major Junior intrasquad game, and was sent back to Jr.B.

Fedz is right. He is a Jr.B goaltender, possibly a Jr.A backup.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Found out why he got invited to the prospect camp, apparently someone lost the goalie tarp that goes across the net and now the guys need to something shoot pucks at

I really cant figure out why he's even at the camp, last year the reason why Dlyan Hunter was there was pretty obivious but Russel is barried way down in the depth charts

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn't read much into Wyatt being at the Capitals camp. It's their rookie camp right?

For instance, at Detroit's rookie camp Jim Nill's (assistant GM) son Trevor played. And so did a couple of local players.

BCCHL inactive

Coffey77 said:
I wouldn't read much into Wyatt being at the Capitals camp. It's their rookie camp right?

How many Jr.B players get invited to NHL camps...even rookie camps? Jr.B is 2 steps below Canadian Major Junior.

Wyatt Russell was also drafted by the Florida WHA team in the WHA amateur draft. I find it hilarious that he is listed on the WHA site as playing for Langley of the BCHL.

Here are his Langley Stats...

http://bchl.bc.ca/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=1413&leagueID=2393&teamID=27854&playerID=80861&pos=G

Here's his real team...

http://www.pijhl.com/sites/9994/pag...sionID=12&TeamID=16&PlayerID=288&Section=Home

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I guess they want their prospects to be brimming with confidence after they light this poor kid up.

eatwake

Jul 14, 2004
hanlon and kurt russell were playing golf together when russell mentioned his son and hanlon told him they needed another goalie.

that's how he got invited.

though i didn't see him personally, no one was really impressed with him at camp this week

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
Van said:
How many Jr.B players get invited to NHL camps...even rookie camps? Jr.B is 2 steps below Canadian Major Junior.

Wyatt Russell was also drafted by the Florida WHA team in the WHA amateur draft. I find it hilarious that he is listed on the WHA site as playing for Langley of the BCHL.

Here are his Langley Stats...

http://bchl.bc.ca/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=1413&leagueID=2393&teamID=27854&playerID=80861&pos=G

Here's his real team...

http://www.pijhl.com/sites/9994/pag...sionID=12&TeamID=16&PlayerID=288&Section=Home

Well Andrew Ladd and Raymond Sawada used to play for the PIJHL and look at where they are now, the 4th overall pick and the 52nd overall pick.

BCCHL inactive

Jovanovski = Norris said:
Well Andrew Ladd and Raymond Sawada used to play for the PIJHL and look at where they are now, the 4th overall pick and the 52nd overall pick.

Ladd and Sawada did not get drafted to the NHL from the PIJHL.

Andrew Ladd lit up the WHL, and Sawada was among the BCHL's best when they got drafted.

Wyatt Russell is a Jr.B goaltender, and Florida's WHA team drafted him and listed him with a Jr.A team with whom Russell has only played just under 50 minutes for.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Van said:

Andrew Ladd lit up the WHL, and Sawada was among the BCHL's best when they got drafted.

Wyatt Russell is a Jr.B goaltender, and Florida's WHA team drafted him and listed him with a Jr.A team with whom Russell has only played just under 50 minutes for.

Founder's Franchise drafted him and last I heard the Founder's Franchise was likely going to be in Vancouver. Has this changed?

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Van said:

I saw Wyatt play earlier today and the kid is a lot better than people are giving him credit for.

He is somebody who has always played from behind the eight ball and based on what I saw from him today, he is FOCUSED on moving up the ranks.

We'll see how he does this year in Coquitlam but odds are (if given the ice time) he'll get his scholarship this year and then it's up to that team on how long he spends in the BCHL.

FYI... he had a shutout in 25 minutes today on about 16 shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad