Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Hawks - 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I like 18s game and don’t want him waived. He has a jump in his speed and can play some D. Asking for points from him is pointless hehe

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I disagree, It was a 2 on 1. And it was Kane with the puck. Not an ideal situation. But ya let's blame Holtby.
The player back is either supposed to take away the pass or eliminate the 2nd player, which leaves the goalie up against the player with the puck. Because Holtby doesn't use the vh/reverse-vh, Kane faked pass and shot five hole as Holtby was caught cheating. What Holtby didn't read correctly was that it ended up Kane's only option was to shoot as the d-man did his job taking away the pass. When I'm playing against a 2 -on-1, I yell at my d-man to take the other man and I take the man with the puck. Holtby had a good angle to stop Kane's shot if he didn't cheat.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I like 18s game and don’t want him waived. He has a jump in his speed and can play some D. Asking for points from him is pointless hehe
If he was being paid $700k that would be fine, but he's getting paid $1 million. Caps are very tight against the salary cap, so every dollar less matters. When Panik comes back he will come around to producing points. Stephenson just gives nothing offensively. In today's NHL, scoring from 4 lines has to be more common in order to be successful(winning the Cup).

crab

Jan 26, 2019
If he was being paid $700k that would be fine, but he's getting paid $1 million. Caps are very tight against the salary cap, so every dollar less matters. When Panik comes back he will come around to producing points. Stephenson just gives nothing offensively. In today's NHL, scoring from 4 lines has to be more common in order to be successful(winning the Cup).

I agree with everything you said but don’t think it would even be fine if he got $0.7M. Stephenson is a black hole offensively, he is super soft not just in the fact he doesn’t hit he also doesn’t compete for pucks or ever aggressively forecheck to cause a turnover. The only thing he is decent at is his defensive positioning which isn’t that hard when you don’t contribute offensively and never engage aggressively forechecking.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Kane shot was the same type of shot that J. Staal beat Holtby with in Game 7 for tying goal. He seems to get too deep and/or happy feet when facing those, like he's just not comfortable with where he should be. So instead of shutting down most of the net to the shooter with solid, committed positioning, he's leaving more available. I dunno - goal-tending is voodoo

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The player back is either supposed to take away the pass or eliminate the 2nd player, which leaves the goalie up against the player with the puck. Because Holtby doesn't use the vh/reverse-vh, Kane faked pass and shot five hole as Holtby was caught cheating. What Holtby didn't read correctly was that it ended up Kane's only option was to shoot as the d-man did his job taking away the pass. When I'm playing against a 2 -on-1, I yell at my d-man to take the other man and I take the man with the puck. Holtby had a good angle to stop Kane's shot if he didn't cheat.

it’s Kane. He is going to beat good goalies at that range at a decent clip because.. well he is good at shooting the puck. Was it unsavable? No, but we put a high danger shooter in a high danger spot and he scored.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Kane shot was the same type of shot that J. Staal beat Holtby with in Game 7 for tying goal. He seems to get too deep and/or happy feet when facing those, like he's just not comfortable with where he should be. So instead of shutting down most of the net to the shooter with solid, committed positioning, he's leaving more available. I dunno - goal-tending is voodoo
IIRC he did the same thing on a 2 on 1 against the Canes earlier this year. So, it's a pattern.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
I spent Sunday recovering from my Saturday renfest trip. Haven’t been in a while and boy has it changed.

I can no longer spend one dollar on three darts and walk away with a beverage token. Not happy about that. Nor can I walk up to a beverage distribution center and walk away with two beverages. Really not happy about that one.

I am happy, once again, diving into a GDT a day after and being thoroughly amused.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
it’s Kane. He is going to beat good goalies at that range at a decent clip because.. well he is good at shooting the puck. Was it unsavable? No, but we put a high danger shooter in a high danger spot and he scored.

my initial reaction was “F, you need to stop that”, then switched quickly to “well it is Kane”. He’s kinda fantastic at that.

Reactions: Calicaps

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I spent Sunday recovering from my Saturday renfest trip. Haven’t been in a while and boy has it changed.

I can no longer spend one dollar on three darts and walk away with a beverage token. Not happy about that. Nor can I walk up to a beverage distribution center and walk away with two beverages. Really not happy about that one.

I am happy, once again, diving into a GDT a day after and being thoroughly amused.

Sounds like a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad