Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Flames, 9:00 PM ET, Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgaryt

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Glaring scoring issues right now. The top-line keep producing to a degree but Backstrom and Oshie have gone cold and their lack of depth is showing big-time here. Need Burakovsky back and hope he can carry that 3rd line.

Also desperately need Niskanen back. The current Carlson has no business playing 27 minutes per night, and if they plan to ice both Bowey and Djoos then they can't afford to have Aaron Ness in the line-up.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Glaring scoring issues right now. The top-line keep producing to a degree but Backstrom and Oshie have gone cold and their lack of depth is showing big-time here. Need Burakovsky back and hope he can carry that 3rd line.

Also desperately need Niskanen back. The current Carlson has no business playing 27 minutes per night, and if they plan to ice both Bowey and Djoos then they can't afford to have Aaron Ness in the line-up.

Backstrom not producing doesn't surprise me. He missed the Vancouver game because he was sick, he must've been sick as well in the Edmonton and Calgary games. This is the flu season here in Canada, everybody is getting sick.

Oshie is cold but he was red hot just before that. So far I don't regret the Caps signing him again. The team would be in poor shape without him.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Backstrom not producing doesn't surprise me. He missed the Vancouver game because he was sick, he must've been sick as well in the Edmonton and Calgary games. This is the flu season here in Canada, everybody is getting sick.

Oshie is cold but he was red hot just before that. So far I don't regret the Caps signing him again. The team would be in poor shape without him.
Im not worried about Backstrom and Oshie. Might be struggling a bit to score but at least they aren't a liability in their own end. We could use some production from our bottom 6

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Im not worried about Backstrom and Oshie. Might be struggling a bit to score but at least they aren't a liability in their own end. We could use some production from our bottom 6

DSP and Eller are doing their job, but Wilson and Chiasson need to step up, that's true. Also, I hope Trotz switches Peluso with Walker and that he sends Peluso back down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad