maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
then chiasson moves up?

so we got

ovie backs wilson
vrana kuzy ???
conn eller oshie
steph beag dsp/chias

i mean if vrana doesnt play for the final 9 mins of game you think trotz is sending him out tomorrow?
You might be right. I can see sitting him if we are protecting a lead but when you need a goal you would figure he would get a regular shift.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
You should watch the analysis May and Carter just did of the goal. Goal was on DSP. NO MENTION of these items...odd.
Duh I already said DSP made the mistake with the bad pass to Orlov. But I do feel Niskanen had a chance to bail him out. He gave up on the play.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Duh I already said DSP made the mistake with the bad pass to Orlov. But I do feel Niskanen had a chance to bail him out. He gave up on the play.

Again, no mention of any issues you have with Nisky by the two ex-pro’s. An elite-level D, maybe he makes the goal saving play there. Your over criticism of a player you find dislikable is showing through.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Why dont you watch the replay? Niskanen gave up. DSP tried to check the guy.

this is what your going on about? wow its not as bad as your making it

what happens if holtby saves it and the rebound comes out in front and a trail devils player picks it up. would that have been niskanen fault too?

Reactions: g00n

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
so trotz this morning claimed burakovsky would be in lineup tommorrow. what happens if he isnt? should we be worried?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Why dont you watch the replay? Niskanen gave up. DSP tried to check the guy.

Dude, no he didn't. He was pumping his legs immediately and pursued the puck with legs still pumping until Stafford was at the dots and about to shoot. Niskanen was too far back, again, because Stafford had a good break and Niskanen was too far to the other side. Literally NOTHING Niskanen could do better on that play.

Seems like every GDT is now about you criticizing some player you don't like for not working hard enough when the other team scores. I guess that's your schtick or something.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
DSP or Vrana scratched tomorrow is my guess :P Bold prediction, I know.

Connolly did pretty good tonight. He is our depth scoring winger and he's playing where he should and doing exactly what he should. He's pretty cheap for that. Neved understood why you guys want to dump him. He's worse Williams but younger and cheaper. Seems to be low maintenance player too, but that's my speculation.

About that 1RW hole. I think they can try Vrana and Bura there. There is still time until playoffs. I don't think Vrana-Kuzy-Wilson is powerful playoffs line - they're still young. Maybe they should try to use one younger scorer (talking 13/65) with Backstrom. If that doesn't work.. DSP doesn't look like the answer either. I'd say give Bura a chance. If Vrana is safer bet to play against Ovi - let Bura play with Kuzy. If that doesn't work too - move Connolly up and try Bura at 3rd.

If nothing works... then it's a trade. But there is still time left.

Oshie @ 3rd line is our Kessel. I think it's adequate so far.

Reactions: RandyHolt

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
One point after 6 days without skating. It's good.

Guys, you need to stop to complain about the shots/game number, it looks silly.

Top 6 in that category.
5 teams who aren't in the playoff position and are closer to compete for Dahlin than the playoffs.
And Pens, who were out of the playoff position for a very very looooong part of the season.

You also need to stop to complain about Eller (well, you have stopped to do it in the last few games) He's a good, a very good 3C
and Connolly, a 1.5 guy who is on pace for 21-22 goals, it's very good.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Dude, no he didn't. He was pumping his legs immediately and pursued the puck with legs still pumping until Stafford was at the dots and about to shoot. Niskanen was too far back, again, because Stafford had a good break and Niskanen was too far to the other side. Literally NOTHING Niskanen could do better on that play.

Seems like every GDT is now about you criticizing some player you don't like for not working hard enough when the other team scores. I guess that's your schtick or something.
Dude watch again. Niskanen tried and failed to make a play on the guy and then he gave up around centre ice. There was a replay from Holtby view and it showed it plain as day. Just like the 2nd breakaway goal that everyone blamed Orlov on. Niskanen was on the ice too and he didnt come back in that play either. I have no clue what you guys defend the guy when he put no effort into either if those plays. He also got beat bad by Hall along the boards and Orlov had to get over to bail him our. Do you guys not watch what happens in these games. It no wonder you need stats to judge how a guy played. Lmao you guys kill me.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
The only way Niskanen would have been able to stop that goal is if he had McDavid's legs. And if that were the case, this team would be a lot better than it currently is.
I thought he was slow reading the play. Not sure if you noticed or not but Niskanen didnt seem to be skating well at all last night.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Dude watch again. Niskanen tried and failed to make a play on the guy and then he gave up around centre ice. There was a replay from Holtby view and it showed it plain as day. Just like the 2nd breakaway goal that everyone blamed Orlov on. Niskanen was on the ice too and he didnt come back in that play either. I have no clue what you guys defend the guy when he put no effort into either if those plays. He also got beat bad by Hall along the boards and Orlov had to get over to bail him our. Do you guys not watch what happens in these games. It no wonder you need stats to judge how a guy played. Lmao you guys kill me.

You're 100% objectively wrong. Watch the first view in the video above. You can see the distance between Niskanen and Stafford there while the camera angle from behind Holtby flattens the picture and removes the perspective. Niskanen made his break before the pass was even made and skated hard until he was over the defending blue line, by which time Stafford was about at the dots and out of reach, preparing to shoot.

I'm for a balance of stats and observation, but if you think your eye test is worth anything when you can't even tell center ice from the blue line, and you think Niskanen screwed up on this play, then I guess that tells us what we need to know about your analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad