Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Devils 7:00. Hello boys I'm backkkkkkkk

Status
Not open for further replies.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Outplayed for 50 minutes, came away with a point. Kuznetsov made his first great play in about a dozen games and then just got violated on the game winner.

I remember saying about ten games ago that Kuznetsov should be rotated the hell off the first PP unit. He is still there, still doing diddly all.

On a positive note, watching Devils play hockey is not making my eyes bleed for the first time in decades.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
After tonights game there are a handful of guys that could get benched. It wasn't pretty.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Mixed night for 9..without his offensive game it would have been a blowout

He had one goal and no assists, -2. He was on for all four goals and made mistakes that led directly to 2 goals. So overall he was a liability. If you ask him he will probably admit he had a bad game. Seemed frustrated.

Reactions: maacoshark

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Outplayed for 50 minutes, came away with a point. Kuznetsov made his first great play in about a dozen games and then just got violated on the game winner.

I remember saying about ten games ago that Kuznetsov should be rotated the hell off the first PP unit. He is still there, still doing diddly all.

On a positive note, watching Devils play hockey is not making my eyes bleed for the first time in decades.
I agree with Kuzy getting bumped off the first pp unit. He is a turnover machine on the pp.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
wtf is tortz doing.... 1-2 min left in regular time including an offensive faceoff half min to go and no ovy.... 3on3 starts and no ao...

Trotz loves to start OT with his #2 Center with his #2 Winger and his #2 Defensemen. I don't get it either.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'm going to predict now that we get some quotes, maybe from Trotz about guys not being ready to play because of the break and some guys playing "too cute" or similar.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Not that It was a bold thought, but figured all along an OTL was fine and anything more was super.

What do you think of Holtby's effort tonite?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Not that It was a bold thought, but figured all along an OTL was fine and anything more was super.

What do you think of Holtby's effort tonite?

same as everyone else, zero practice and did what it took to steal a point. grubauer tomorrow

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I know they play again tomorrow, but I hope next practice is all about shooting from every-damn-where and then following pucks to the net. I can't remember a team that does this less. Ugh.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Fully expecting DSP to remain on the top line for next game.

What are you going to do? The team is short at least one quality offensive winger, two with the way Vrana has been playing. Someone who has no business playing in the top 6 will be playing in the top 6.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Trotz loves to start OT with his #2 Center with his #2 Winger and his #2 Defensemen. I don't get it either.
It shouldn't matter which line you start. You have to make smarter plays than the plays Orloiv and Kuzy made.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
What are you going to do? The team is short at least one quality offensive winger, two with the way Vrana has been playing. Someone who has no business playing in the top 6 will be playing in the top 6.
I'd rather see Wilson back on the top line.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Fully expecting DSP to remain on the top line for next game.

so the choices are: dsp, wilson, oshie and burakovsky

very unlikely they break up connolly eller oshie line with 2 goals
wilson? maybe
burakovsky is likely in for vrana tomorrow on second line
so dsp is the answer

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I know they play again tomorrow, but I hope next practice is all about shooting from every-damn-where and then following pucks to the net. I can't remember a team that does this less. Ugh.
Dead last in shots. They prioritized special teams going into this one only to go 0-for-5 on the PP with just five shots.

Two goals from Connolly...the poster boy for making his shots count.

<whisper>Unsustainable.</whisper>

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
so the choices are: dsp, wilson, oshie and burakovsky

very unlikely they break up connolly eller oshie line with 2 goals
wilson? maybe
burakovsky is likely in for vrana tomorrow on second line
so dsp is the answer
Technically the Eller line wasn't on for 2 goals. Connolly was with Kuznetsov and Wilson on that last goal.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Nope DSP would either be on the 4th line or benched

then chiasson moves up?

so we got

ovie backs wilson
vrana kuzy ???
conn eller oshie
steph beag dsp/chias

i mean if vrana doesnt play for the final 9 mins of game you think trotz is sending him out tomorrow?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
then chiasson moves up?

so we got

ovie backs wilson
vrana kuzy ???
conn eller oshie
steph beag dsp/chias

i mean if vrana doesnt play for the final 9 mins of game you think trotz is sending him out tomorrow?
Chiasson or Oshie or maybe even Stephenson. I wouldn't mind Stephenson being bumped up. He is your typical 4th line player. More suited as a 3rd line guy

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Tell you what. Watch the replay and tell me Niskanen didnt have a chance. He was late reading the play and made a lame attempt at checking the guy and then let him go.

You should watch the analysis May and Carter just did of the goal. Goal was on DSP. NO MENTION of these items...odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->