Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Devils 7:00. Hello boys I'm backkkkkkkk

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
I expect a full 60 minutes of lethargic play. Sloppy passing, slow skating, and a few bone headed mistakes thrown in. 3-1 loss.

If I'm wrong, I'll be estatic

+1

This guy gets mid-season Caps hockey with a long lay off.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Huge game. In so many ways. Win in regulation and really take over the top of the Metro. Lose and invite the Devils (and others) right back into it.

Then the long layoff “thing”. Probably better that its on the road. More focus.

Do we know the lines yet? Who is sitting?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Problem is today is the first day the caps are back on ice, couldn't even practice yesterday

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
A sluggish game vs Montreal? ugh let me set my DVR so I don't miss a second.

This could be an interesting weekend. They have this b2b setup after a long break, then Philly on Sunday which I'm guessing is probably a national NBC game or something. Those are always either a pain fest physically or on the scoreboard.

Then they have a 9 day stretch of nothing with just a game in Florida breaking it up. Will Trotz turn them loose and let them go down early to party? Or will he schedule practices? If they're going down early, where will their heads be for these 3 games upcoming, especially tonight and Sunday?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Lines at morning skate for 7 p.m. Devils game:
Ovechkin-Backstrom-DSP
Vrana-Kuznetsov-Wilson
Connolly-Eller-Oshie
Stephenson-Beagle-Chiasson

Djoos-Carlson
Orlov-Niskanen
Orpik-Bowey
Holtby in starter’s net

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This could be an interesting weekend. They have this b2b setup after a long break, then Philly on Sunday which I'm guessing is probably a national NBC game or something. Those are always either a pain fest physically or on the scoreboard.

Then they have a 9 day stretch of nothing with just a game in Florida breaking it up. Will Trotz turn them loose and let them go down early to party? Or will he schedule practices? If they're going down early, where will their heads be for these 3 games upcoming, especially tonight and Sunday?

Worth noting that 9 day stretch includes the All Star break at the end of it

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Marcus Johannson 25 GP, 5 GS, 7 Ast, +/- -10
Andre Burakovsky 21 GP, 3 GS, 5 Ast, +/- -3

Would surmise that MAJO also has been primarily top 6 as well as being on their PP.

Man Machine

Jan 6, 2018
If he Bura was good enough he would play. I want points rather than keep an underperforming player happy.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
They're not taking their foot off his neck, I see.
If it wasn't for that 2 goal game vs Dallas he would've been a scratch even more.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
This situation is not tenable. Healthy scratches aren't going to help him or the team.
Its the right thing to do. Right now he is our 13th best forward of 13. How do you justify sitting anyone else right now? It may not be helping him but it is best for the team right now.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

Would surmise that MAJO also has been primarily top 6 as well as being on their PP.
May I ask why you are comparing these two players. I have no clue what you bare trying to show by posting stats. For some reason everyone thinks you judge a players performance solely on stats.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Its the right thing to do. Right now he is our 13th best forward of 13. How do you justify sitting anyone else right now? It may not be helping him but it is best for the team right now.

A slumping Burakovsky is still better than DSP, Chiasson, and Beagle for starters. Chiasson in particular hasn't shown anything to keep him in the lineup (1 goal, 0 assists in the past 10 games along with generally poor PKing aptitude all season) and DSP hasn't done anything to earn top 6 minutes unless you're particularly fond of him bricking easy goals set up by Ovechkin and Backstrom.

What good is keeping Burakovsky on the bench going to do? Maybe there's something behind the scenes that hasn't come out but at some point healthy scratches are going to stop being effective. Either try to boost his confidence by putting him in a position to succeed or trade him. Keeping $3 million in the press box isn't a situation that ought to continue.

May I ask why you are comparing these two players. I have no clue what you bare trying to show by posting stats. For some reason everyone thinks you judge a players performance solely on stats.

An analysis that exclude statistics is foolish. Not saying that the Mojo to Burakovsky comparison is valuable because I actually agree with you there, but you seem to particularly hate any time that stats are brought up despite the game being judged solely on stats (namely goals).

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Mojo hasn’t been healthy at all this year. We want more from him for sure, but I think all the missed games plays a big factor.

For obvious reasons I can’t wish you luck tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad