Post-Game Talk: Caps Canucks (caps fans finally get wish lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I dont think so. Grubauer beat a very bad team. The Canucks might be the worst team in the league right now. They didnt really test him with very many quality chances.

No really the point. Trotz is giving Grubauer two games this week. His recent numbers have been strong. Holtby is in a run of 3 or more games.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
You kidding me? Listening to other teams' fans b***** and moan after an ugly loss is the most fun you can have on HF.
It can be quite amusing.
You realize how similar many fan bases are, especially after a loss. They have the worst, or close to it, HC, GM, <name the position>, etc. in the entire league :help: Lot's of sarcasm, some of it good quality.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
The Orpik-Hutton hit looked clean to me. Big tree fall hard.

Shoulder to shoulder, on the puck, that's a hockey play. I think even by Orpiks reaction he seemed to feel like it was clean. I like DSP mixing it up but truthfully if the roles were reversed I'd be spouting off about how it's not fair that you have to fight after great clean hits.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Great game all around. Grubi made a lot of save but didn't have to make a ton of crazy saves. Both top lines played well and DSP...f*** yeah man. Get you some.

That said the Nucks are a massive joke right now, shoulda performed like we did and we did. Good to see we didn't play down to the level.

GO CAPS

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
i need to see it again but i think the hit on orpik was ok (legal)

Might have been legal. This however speaks to the often debated subject of what Orpik brings to the team beyond his play on the ice. This is the second time in recent memory that a successful hit on Orpik drew an immediate response like that.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Like I said. I think if Holtby gives up 3 or more again tomorrow, we are going to see a lot of more of Grubauer. He will certainly get a real game against a good team in the next week in a non-backup goalie game
One game will not create any controversy, esp. when the team has been winning regularly.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The Orpik-Hutton hit looked clean to me. Big tree fall hard.

Shoulder to shoulder, on the puck, that's a hockey play. I think even by Orpiks reaction he seemed to feel like it was clean. I like DSP mixing it up but truthfully if the roles were reversed I'd be spouting off about how it's not fair that you have to fight after great clean hits.

I was ok with how it all went down. Hit was hard but clean, good hockey play. DSP was coming in from and I'm sure it looked dirty to him. (it did to me at first) So he jumped in. We got the extra 2 and killed it off. Hockey players playing hockey. Last thing I want are guys going back to the bench and reviewing hits to see if it deemed being dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad