Post-Game Talk: Caps Canucks (caps fans finally get wish lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I don't care one bit about who plays 4th line minutes, they never show up in the playoffs so I've given up on all of them.

Also I am very impressed with Trotz and the way he is letting Bowey stay in the lineup. Bowey, Djoos, any of the young D that come up, they have to play through their mistakes and know that those same mistakes won't get them scratched.

Last edited:

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
I don't care one bit about who plays 4th line minutes, they never show up in the playoffs so I've given up on all of them.

Also I am very impressed with Trotz and the way he is letting Bowey stay in the lineup. Bowey, Djoos, any of the young D that come up, they have to play through their mistakes and know that those same mistakes won't get them scratched.

Well, to be fair, the only reason Bowey stays in the lineup is because Chorney is actually worse (scary thought). So far, he has shown absolutely nothing, at least Djoos has some offensive upside.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Well, to be fair, the only reason Bowey stays in the lineup is because Chorney is actually worse (scary thought). So far, he has shown absolutely nothing, at least Djoos has some offensive upside.

Well I see mistakes from Bowey but I am also beginning to see a spark as well.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Well I see mistakes from Bowey but I am also beginning to see a spark as well.

What have you seen from him? He's not physical, he's not a good puck mover, doesn't score and is definitely not good defensively.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
What have you seen from him? He's not physical, he's not a good puck mover, doesn't score and is definitely not good defensively.

Same points as Djoos in the last ten games, his possession numbers are going up his last few games played (finished 71% against the Blues), shots for v. shots against are in his favor as well. Basically he has been on the ice for more good than bad lately.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Chiasson out. Stephenson in. All you see here is why is chiasson still in but others get scratched
I'd rather see Stephenson in the lineup. Not sure who the guy to sit is. It looks like its going to be a revolving door. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. Its good that we have the extra guy to cover in case of an injury.
I'm not happy about Grubauer in net tonight. Looks like he will get 2 games this week. I know Grubauer has played well lately but the team doesn't play as well in front of him. I could think of a couple reasons for that.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
One of Connolly, Chiasson, DSP should be the guy sitting. Play Burakovsky (a lot) to drive his value, and play Stephenson a lot due to his speed.

I think Stephenson should play further up the charts. Let Connolly play 4th line ES minutes.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012

Baby steps but he was better last game. His decision making on breakout passes was noticeably quicker. Bowey has skill. He can pass the puck with some zip, he is a good skater and few times he ends up in the offensive zone he makes effective plays. The game just has to slow down a little bit for him.

+10 points for Barry Trotz. Fans are always on coaches to give young players responsibility and allow them to play through their mistakes. Well, that's what it actually looks like on the ice. Now, if he could also liberate Bowey from Orpik, that would be swell.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I've been really happy with Chiasson. I'd be content for him to play every game on the 4th and PK.
I have no problem with Chiasson's game. Not the most skilled player but he doesn't hurt you. Has a decent hockey IQ. The 2 players that I think are the weakest upfront are Burakovsky and Connolly. Both are more known as offensive players and can be a liability in the defensive zone.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He has done some good things this year. He isn't a big physical enforce but he can handle himself. He is more physical than Djoos. His puck movement has been disappointing because he was a good puck mover in the minors. He has to adjust to the speed of the NHL game. He doesn't get enough on his passes. Another thing hurting him is his defence partner. Orpik needs to give him better support. Too often Bowey has the puck in the corner getting pressured by the forecheck and Orpik is 60 feet away. He has to shorten that distance to 20 or 25 feet. As far as scoring goes that will come eventually. He does have a few assists. A couple of them were pretty nice plays. Give the guy a break. He is a rookie playing a position that takes time to learn.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

Trotz doesn't make that decision, Reirden does when it comes to the d-men.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Looking forward to seeing this year's latest young stud forward Brock Boeser - who has a name from central casting. Perhaps he will bump into TomWilson this evening

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I know he doesn't deserve To be 1RW but playing Burakovsky on the 4th line and 10 minutes per game is a little bit useless
He's not Ovechkin, who can score a Hatty in 10 minutes. He needs more time and opportunities

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Vancouver coming to town always makes me flash back to Tiger breaking his stick on the back of Holt's head. Langway emerged bloody, Holt had all 3 officials on his back, and Sundstrom learned to not trip Holt on an icing.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad