Post-Game Talk: caps @ avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
The playoffs is still no guarantee. If we lost yesterday we were potentially 8 points from being out of the playoff hunt, while getting manhandled by Metro opponents of late.
With many intradivisional games 8 points is a lot. They should be able to put more effort in and stay in top-8 with any coaching. By talent alone. Im not worried.

7 games series is another beast then.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
1. Jensen reminds me of the Caps version of Nate Schmidt. He could skate the like the wind and push the puck and then nothing ever happened. His shot looked good but never went in.
Schmidt had a much better outlet pass than Jensen, and he made faster decisions with the puck.

I totally disagree about his shot though, he has one of the worst NHL-level shots I've seen. It didn't just not go in, it was both slow and inaccurate. Jensen doesn't have a cannon, but anyone is better than Nate in the shot department.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Schmidt had a much better outlet pass than Jensen, and he made faster decisions with the puck.

I totally disagree about his shot though, he has one of the worst NHL-level shots I've seen. It didn't just not go in, it was both slow and inaccurate. Jensen doesn't have a cannon, but anyone is better than Nate in the shot department.

I don't recall Nate's shot for comparison, but I promise I have played against beer leaguers with a better shot from the point than Jensen. Its like a 60 mps muffin with poor accuracy to match.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
let’s just drop it....feels like you’re playing dumb for entertainment.

Not at all. Sorry you read me that way. Let me try it a different way. Are you talking about more movement along the left wing from point to goal post? Are you talking about movement to other than his typical area? Are you talking about the sliding he does now or more constant movement?

The Caps don't use a lot of movement in general.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

I agree with all of that. I said he reminded me of Schmidt. I meant that in that Schmidt looked on the surface like he could be an impact offensive defenseman when he is really more of a mobile defensive defenseman. He is scoring more goals in Vegas now. I assume has something to do with more experience and more ice time. Jensen IS a mobile defensive defenseman. A defenseman that wishes they would let him play like Karl Alzner.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Yes he sure was. Mea culpa as I’ve been calling for his trade. If we can get this a Holtby consistently, we are in far better shape
Good to hear it wasn't just the highlights. Moving in the right direction having Holtby mentally work through 2 goals that he was hung out on.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Good to hear it wasn't just the highlights. Moving in the right direction having Holtby mentally work through 2 goals that he was hung out on.

Might be just me but Holtby looked different when he came on against the Islanders. Last night he looked like he was in control.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Watching the game this afternoon, and one thing I really liked about the 1st Caps' PP goal is a skater on the left side of the crease - if the Caps can get one defender on that side, that defender has to decide between covering Ovechkin in the office or the Caps' forward at the left side of the crease - in this case the D was Ian Cole, and he took Ovechkin - leaving Backstrom free for the tap-in.

That's a good way to counter teams over-playing Ovechkin.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Watching the game this afternoon, and one thing I really liked about the 1st Caps' PP goal is a skater on the left side of the crease - if the Caps can get one defender on that side, that defender has to decide between covering Ovechkin in the office or the Caps' forward at the left side of the crease - in this case the D was Ian Cole, and he took Ovechkin - leaving Backstrom free for the tap-in.

:sarcasm: Super Mad Scientist Blayne Forsythe had been hoping to unleash this unstoppable change to the PP only for the playoffs, but TR told him "we need it now, I'm about to be fired here".

Lets just keep it on the down low that the PP coach is capable of any changes.

Reactions: Calicaps

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand

They had already used that disposal in the past except that lefty at the net mouth was Mojo

Reactions: Heath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad