Post-Game Talk: Caps and Coyotes 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The team looks better than last season at this point. That's a good thing.

Burakovsky's return has really boosted this team.

With all the win streak only 3 points over the Pens. It's a tough race.

Burakovsky is really key to the success of the team going forward. I hope he is healthy come playoff time.

funny. I think Burt had a big first game back with 7 shots on goal. But the 3 following games he hasn't done much. His ice time is dropping down to 4th line toi.

That shiny new 3rd line is not really getting much done now. I am actually concerned.
I am also progressively worried about Kuznetsov. He's not frozen like this time last season but he is oftely cool. Caps wont progress unless he is a difference maker and he's not right now.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The hard part about playing chicken is knowin' when to flinch.

I feel like 2 and 3 have turned stale. Will Barry flinch and change lines, or stay the course? IMHO he is not going to flinch and change up lines even if 1st is wrapped up.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'm impressed by the resurgence of the first line but I'm progressively worried about Johansson. He really doesn't do much if anything at even strength these days. If the third line drops off I'd like to see Burakovsky given some time on the second line and maybe consider dropping Johansson to the third line. Maybe even trying:

10-92-65
90-20-14

as a middle 6 would be an interesting experiment.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I'm impressed by the resurgence of the first line but I'm progressively worried about Johansson. He really doesn't do much if anything at even strength these days. If the third line drops off I'd like to see Burakovsky given some time on the second line and maybe consider dropping Johansson to the third line. Maybe even trying:

10-92-65
90-20-14

as a middle 6 would be an interesting experiment.

So flipping the centers. The Kuz line would be very fast that's for sure.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The hard part about playing chicken is knowin' when to flinch.

I feel like 2 and 3 have turned stale. Will Barry flinch and change lines, or stay the course? IMHO he is not going to flinch and change up lines even if 1st is wrapped up.

Right full rudder. 30 degree down angle.

Johansson. From my point of view, Johansson is the main reason that anything is happening on that line. Kuzy looks lost again and Williams chances and team offensive zone time is due to Johansson's possession. I am fine with changing that line to put the focus on 92. If he flames out in the playoffs again, the Caps are toast.

Twabs, you don't want yer boy playing with Connolly and Burt. They aren't playing that much.

Last edited:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Right now I don't want any changes necessarily. The second line as a whole hasn't been great over the past several games but they haven't been bad either. I'm just suggesting potential alternatives if something really goes stale.

Jun 15, 2007
I think the lines we have are what we'll see for the rest of the season unless we go down 3-0 in a series or something.

I'm not sure they're the best possible lines we can construct with our current players but it has to be close.

In terms of talent and chemistry, everyone is in their right place.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Right full rudder. 30 degree down angle.

Johansson. From my point of view, Johansson is the main reason that anything is happening on that line. Kuzy looks lost again and Williams chances and team offensive zone time is due to Johansson's possession. I am fine with changing that line to put the focus on 92. If he flames out in the playoffs again, the Caps are toast.

Twabs, you don't want yer boy playing with Connolly and Burt. They aren't playing that much.

Mojo is also the reason why the laws of gravity currently work in the DC area. Without him, all the local Caps fans would float away into space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad