Post-Game Talk: Caps 3 Jets 2 We suck in OT edition

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Matthias in for Hendo.................jk.

Dano comes in?
KC -L- W
E-S-L
Tanev -Copper -Dano/Armia?
MP -Roslo -Armia/Dano?

sidenote .. they say a player gets better when the game slows down for him. I don't think the game has slowed down in the D zone for Myers yet. Great O zone player but that's about it.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
****ing hell, can you please quit typing in bold and upsized font? You aren't important enough to need it.

I need glasses so it helps for the only way to know what I'm writing...

I'm always correcting after posting...

Your right...

I never said I was important enough...

Though I'm wearing cheaters but there well used and scratched up also its the keyboard I really have a hard time seeing and I failed typing in grade 10 because I broke my collar bone playing hockey I fractured my right arm in five places when working at the arena when I was 14...

(See I corrected it again, now I'm losing my memory...

f*** me...)

BTW My grade for typing in grade 10 was recorded for all time...

I got 5%...

:D:thumbu:;):sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
If its a choice of dano or rushing mathias back a little early them rush mathias back

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts....

Good road point. Jets showed a ton of speed and tenacity, and got stronger as the game progressed. They are bad at 3 on 3 OT, but we already knew that.

CLW - Great game by Connor. He was absolutely a terror on the forecheck. Of course, he saw no ice in OT. Little was skating well, but his puck skills have not impressed. Two penalties including a stupid, undisciplined one in OT is really bad. Wheeler skated well. He was pretty bad in OT. He took too much time on the OT on the 2 on 1 and let the Caps break it up.

ESL - Really strong game. Another terrific game from Laine. He was all over the ice. Ehlers was also flying. Stastny was steady.

PCR - I liked their forecheck. Perreault has lost his offensive mojo. Copp is just solid. Roslovic had his legs tonight, and was on the puck.

THA - Hendricks was much too slow for this game. Tanev was good on the forecheck. So was Armia. Armia has not been good on the PP. I'd replace him with Roslovic.

44-57 Just a brilliant game from Morrissey. One of his best ever. He was all over the ice, closing gaps, jumping into the play. Wow. Myers was fine, but he didn't need to do much with Morrissey playing like prime Keith.

7-33 Well, I gotta say I have no complaints about Chiarot. He's been really solid lately, and was good tonight. I thought Buff was quite good, too. He can't control his enthusiasm 3 on 3, but I guess we just have to accept that.

70-3 Decent game from the 3rd pairing. Poolman is playing faster. Morrow was a bit better than he's been.

Hellebuyck was outstanding.

Clinched a winning road trip with half their line-up. Hard to complain too much.

I have a hunch that they might give the Preds all they can handle tomorrow.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Quick thoughts....

Good road point. Jets showed a ton of speed and tenacity, and got stronger as the game progressed. They are bad at 3 on 3 OT, but we already knew that.

CLW - Great game by Connor. He was absolutely a terror on the forecheck. Of course, he saw no ice in OT. Little was skating well, but his puck skills have not impressed. Two penalties including a stupid, undisciplined one in OT is really bad. Wheeler skated well. He was pretty bad in OT. He took too much time on the OT on the 2 on 1 and let the Caps break it up.

ESL - Really strong game. Another terrific game from Laine. He was all over the ice. Ehlers was also flying. Stastny was steady.

PCR - I liked their forecheck. Perreault has lost his offensive mojo. Copp is just solid. Roslovic had his legs tonight, and was on the puck.

THA - Hendricks was much too slow for this game. Tanev was good on the forecheck. So was Armia. Armia has not been good on the PP. I'd replace him with Roslovic.

44-57 Just a brilliant game from Morrissey. One of his best ever. He was all over the ice, closing gaps, jumping into the play. Wow. Myers was fine, but he didn't need to do much with Morrissey playing like prime Keith.

7-33 Well, I gotta say I have no complaints about Chiarot. He's been really solid lately, and was good tonight. I thought Buff was quite good, too. He can't control his enthusiasm 3 on 3, but I guess we just have to accept that.

70-3 Decent game from the 3rd pairing. Poolman is playing faster. Morrow was a bit better than he's been.

Hellebuyck was outstanding.

Clinched a winning road trip with half their line-up. Hard to complain too much.

I have a hunch that they might give the Preds all they can handle tomorrow.
Really good analysis as usual Whilee!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Just more of the same that we have seen in this road trip and a couple of games leading into it. Jets lucky to get as many points out of this road trip as they have. Hopefully players getting healthy will help things.

Edit: I think it's safe to say that this roadtrip is the worst the Jets have played since that horrible first 15 games of the season. Yes I realize that some players were out but injuries were also hitting the Jets hard in January and they didn't look as bad as they have on this roadtrip.
Really?

They won the 5v5 Corsi tonight, and by the 3rd period were dominating the Caps in possession. Sure, they gave up some good scoring chances, but they are down 3 of their top 5 D and two of their top Cs.

All in all, I think this has been a successful road trip. The Jets have shown that they have good depth and a system that is resilient to lots of player change.

20172018-21065-cfdiff-5v5.png

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Really?

They won the 5v5 Corsi tonight, and by the 3rd period were dominating the Caps in possession. Sure, they gave up some good scoring chances, but they are down 3 of their top 5 D and two of their top Cs.

All in all, I think this has been a successful road trip. The Jets have shown that they have good depth and a system that is resilient to lots of player change.

That's the Lord's work you're doing here @Whileee. Don't lose the faith.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
If you're having trouble reading the messages you post, maybe try increasing the size of the characters displayed on your viewing device. The rest of us seem to not have a problem doing that. You also seem to not have a problem responding to people who talk to you, or commenting on posts. I don't need my entire goddamn phone screen taken up by boldface font that can be 1/8 the size.

@Bradley Edwards

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Typical Jet's overtime.

- Wheeler and Buff are on the ice usually with Laine to start.
- other team controls puck and gets 2 or 3 great chances. Jets players get stuck in own zone. On ice for over a minute.
- Jets somehow get it out of the zone and get a pretty good chance but their goalie makes a great save.
- Jets make a line change and out comes the second unit. Wheeler though, gets caught on the ice and has to help defend.
- Wheeler finally gets on the bench.
- 20 to 30 seconds of second OT unit before the whistle stops play.
- Wheeler and Buff back on the ice.
- Jets get an odd man rush but either mess it up or their goalie makes another spectacular save.
- opposition team gets puck back and gets an odd man rush or breakaway of their own.
- Buff and/or Wheeler are too gassed to catch up but they try anyway.
- other team scores.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets are in a bit of a tailspin here, but I'll take the point. It would be nice if the team got healthy and remained more or less so from, I'll say: next week until June 15-ish.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Jets could not find a laine to the net in OT.

Not a jets fan but they are a fun team to watch with a good broadcast. Wanted to see Laine on the ice in overtime.

Too Little too late IMO

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Strange how in a 5 minute 3 on 3....perhaps the fastest guy with the puck in the league, can't get on the ice (Ehlers) How much ice time did Wheels get in OT?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad