Post-Game Talk: Caps 3 Jets 2 We suck in OT edition

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
I think Buff played a good game tonight. Even pinching in at the end was a smart move. Wheeler should have backed him up. If Buff got the puck in deep, Wheeler should have gone for a line change, if Buff loses, which he did, Wheeler would have been in position.

Anyways. We got a point.

Reactions: 204hockey

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Myers didn't have a really bad game but I can't help wondering what he would be like if he played with the physicality of a Chiarot, Buff or Trouba.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Buff pinching was the right thing to do but Wheeler needs to pass that puck like 2 full seconds earlier.
Great game by Helle.

Disagree on that pinch, there's no way in hell Byfuglien gets that puck. Best case scenario he holds the line and is hoping for Wheeler or Little to recover it. Terrible decision. That's a 5 on 5 decision you can make with the other D rotating behind you to cut off a breakaway, 3 on 3 can't try it.

Reactions: Rubixpube

Tanembaria

Apr 8, 2016
Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 8.09.51 PM.png
From Gamecentre. Definitely seemed like it at times lol.

But seriously, incredible game by Helle. Stastny line still holding up well. Considering how depleted our lineup is right now, I'm pretty content with our performance. Yet, for being a superstitious coach, Maurice really seems set on deploying the same personnel over and over during certain situations regardless of the outcome...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
To avoid getting caught up in the ever predictable meltdown. All with 13 games to go we are in 2nd in the division 7 points up on 3rd and 10 points on 4th. We are missing our #1 center our #3 center and 3 out of our top 5 defenseman. We are are 3-1-1 on a tough East coast road trip and cruising into the playoffs...but by all means continue with tonight's B**** feast. I just hope we can hold it together once we are in the playoffs because all this pissing and moaning sure makes it tough to discuss a hockey game.

Wizard204

Feb 14, 2018
Did you guys forget the part where Little got a slashing penalty in overtime and Hellebuyck saved their ass for 2 minutes shorthanded.
In no way I was saying his game was excellent but was better then last game minus the dumb penalties. Both the penalties were unnecessary. He needs to get off the first line as he cannot make the offensive plays to open up god singers to create goals. He needs to be put back in his 2nd line defensive role, who can create offensive occasionally.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
"WE SUCK IN OT "

oh really!?!?!?

BUFF IS THERE. ALLLLLL TIME! this is what happen. when there is big ice the OPPONENT SKATING AROUND HIM LIKE PUTTED PLASTIC MARKS!!!

please dont play buff anymore at PP . he passes like a traktor. his hands like Concrete and hes moving like a traktor also. what a player

this Winnipeg now with this buff playing lots and lots playing like vintage Winnipeg of last year. all stupids happening all time

Laine must PLAY MORE. AND FULL PP´S. HEY COACH, whats goin on backstage? BUFF LOOKING like old man out there. ..overheavy,slow,stupid happenings etc. this is not new news

oh maaaaaan

Sir avgard hockeyprofessor

for some strange reason im thinking that with tommy wiseau voice

Reactions: Tommigun

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
View attachment 104309 From Gamecentre. Definitely seemed like it at times lol.

But seriously, incredible game by Helle. Stastny line still holding up well. Considering how depleted our lineup is right now, I'm pretty content with our performance. Yet, for being a superstitious coach, Maurice really seems set on deploying the same personnel over and over during certain situations regardless of the outcome...
Yes it’s very odd. It’s not like those guys have success in ot in the past. It never works. Just put esl out there as much as possible. Laine is basically a d man half the time.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
How horrible that the Jets were unable to win a coin toss. Atrocious!

Variance almost entirely dominates 3v3, almost to the degree it does a shootout. Every bookmaker on earth that offers live odds on 3v3 OT and shootout, books it as a virtual cointoss. Vig plus a hair off 50-50, and for a reason. I know we'll disagree. I like the credentials and the combined market cap of the people who agree with me. That's fine, no need to rehash that.

BUT.

Just to be clear, anyone remember when this "The Jets are Horrible in OT?" narrative started?

After losing 3-2 in overtime to the Colorado Avalanche on 2018 Jan 02. That put us 0-6 in OT and 1-1 in shootouts.

Even counting tonight's game, do you know what our record in extra time has been since then?

2-2 in OT and 1-1 in Shootouts.

We have regressed to the mean yet the kvetching continues to increase.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Than from what you are saying the Atlanta Thrasher core of veterans lost us the game.
Little, Wheeler and Buff.

Hellebuyck did everything he could to allow the Jets to win.

Seriously? Aside from Little, Wheeler was traded to them at the deadline and that May they moved. Buff was acquired the summer before. Give it a f***ing rest. Been 6 f***ing years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->