Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Coyotes 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Interesting and... wrong, in my view
I disagree with you. He had a couple of bad games early on but has played well the past several games. He is carrying our dcore. He is playing over 27 mins a game. Playing on the pp and pk units. Who has been better?

Reactions: Corby78

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
You picked a hell of a moment to remind us. He has been ass tonite.

In his defense, i do think he sprained his wrist earlier in season and has been playing thru it.

I remember the game where he jammed it bad, and appeared to be in a lot of pain. And he does seem to have more tape on that one wrist than the other.

That said, his decision making has been s****y, too.
You are right he did jam his wrist earlier in the season. Forgot about that. I think he collided with Orpik. Maybe he is playing hurt. It would explain why he has been fumbling around with the puck

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I know right, experts-Schmexperts that Alan May huh...
I love alan may. And i agree with him 95% of the time. This just happens to be a 5% area for me.

Carlson has been steady lately, but earlier in season i thought he was highly erratic and regularly delivering pizza, and every time a brain-dead sequence led to a goal against, it seemed like he and 44 were there watching puck cross the line.

He had a good game tonight and has played a ton of minutes since nisky went down. Both of those things are true. I just wouldnt say he has been our most consistent guy this year.

Advanced stats say Djoos is our best D-man right now, for whatever that is worth.

Also, tonight’s goal by Ovie notwithstanding, our PP has been generally horrid, and 74 is part of that unit.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
glad carlson scored. I hope he keeps racking up points. Gotta make sure those stats are good come trade deadline time

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Carlson has been solid lately and really stabilized the D. That first game after Niski went down I thought we were in deep trouble. If he can keep up this play, when Niski comes back I think our D will be fairly solid.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Carlson has been solid lately and really stabilized the D. That first game after Niski went down I thought we were in deep trouble. If he can keep up this play, when Niski comes back I think our D will be fairly solid.
Agreed, Djoos and Bowey have improved every game and look more and more like NHL players. Chorns back to the press box with some waiver moves to keep those two in DC with Niski comes back.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->