Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Bruins 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Watch the whole shift before Ovi's goal. Ov did a lot of work on the boards before getting opened up from the far right corner. Also, that pass from Orlov... that was risky but high skilled thing that enabled the play. Nice combination.

Also, imagined the goal with Ovi dumping the puck to himself from the boards on a breakaway then one-timing it. A highlight of his life. Ovechkin helps Ovechkin to score from Ovechkin island.
Loved Alan May's comments about Ovechkin's goal and the assists from Kuznetsov and Orlov. May called it Russian collusion.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Were Orpik and Carlson together a lot? It seemed so, but I couldn't tell as the 3rd was a mishmash after Orpik's 4min minor.

As I've said in here repeatedly, they looked really good back in 14-15. Perhaps that is truly the 2md pair, once Niskanen comes back (unless they make a trade)

Did Djoos and Bowey play much together in Hershey last year?

I listened to the game on and off on my way home from Road Atlanta. Great that I can hear 1500 all the way down here. I heard that Carlson and Orpik started the game. Sounded like they were out together a lot. I am just interested in the quality of Orpik's play. I am not reading the boards enough maybe but the Orpik hate posts seem to be slimming down too

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I listened to the game on and off on my way home from Road Atlanta. Great that I can hear 1500 all the way down here. I heard that Carlson and Orpik started the game. Sounded like they were out together a lot. I am just interested in the quality of Orpik's play. I am not reading the boards enough maybe but the Orpik hate posts seem to be slimming down too
Orpik is playing decent as is Carlson. The defenseman I feel has taken a step back is Orlov. I was expecting better things from him.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He played 29 minutes against arguably the best first line in the league. Outside of that first Pasta goal, he kept them to the outside most of the game.
I don't even blame Carlson for that goal. I thought Carlson took the right guy and Orpik should have backed off and took Pasta and let Holtby take the shooter. Bergeron was against the boards and wasn't in a good scoring position. The real issue on the play was no back checking forward.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't even blame Carlson for that goal. I thought Carlson took the right guy and Orpik should have backed off and took Pasta and let Holtby take the shooter. Bergeron was against the boards and wasn't in a good scoring position. The real issue on the play was no back checking forward.

Pastrnak had a step on Carlson. Bergeron's pass was telegraphed but it was a perfect saucer pass over Orpik's stick. It's a great play by the Bruins, I'm not upset. It's a great play, just like Ovechkin's goal.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Pastrnak had a step on Carlson. Bergeron's pass was telegraphed but it was a perfect saucer pass over Orpik's stick. It's a great play by the Bruins, I'm not upset. It's a great play, just like Ovechkin's goal.
If you watched the play developed, Carlson was initially covering the guy on the left wing which was why he was late getting to Pastrnak. You are right though it was a good play. Nice play by Bergeron waiting for Orpik to commit and then sneak it by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad