Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Bruins 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Huge sacrifice from Orpik to block that shot from Chara. This is what I like the most about him, he'll block anyone's shot to win a game.

Hard fought win, will take the 2 points from an Eastern Conference rival. Holtby still invincible against the Bruins.

Reactions: Sam Spade

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
4 penalties in a row. Wonder what trotz will talk about after this one?
Well the refs chose to ignore a Too Many Men before the first one and a High Stick on the beak around the last one. They blatantly chose not to call them because both were insanely obvious.

Oh Jesus Christ... pre game ceremony celebrating one of the ass clowns working his 1k game.

Of course we wouldn't know there is a ref training camp Weeks because each game is a smoldering dumpster fire just waiting for the refs' gas. You would think a training camp would mean there wouldn't be widely different calls across the league, games and periods.

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The coverage at the end there was perfect. JC and Brooks did a heck of a job!!

Kudos to 44 and 74. We've been on their case early this season but they stepped up and started playing like the responsible veterans they should always be. Also, Djoos and Bowey's decision making is visibly improving. Less turnovers, more successful outlet passes. When Nisky comes back we'll be decent again.

Good to see #8 back on the score sheet as well, now we just need #19 and #77 to score again and we're in business.

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Stephenson can play. Great motor rate, and decent amount of skill and hockey IQ for a bottom 6 guy, especially considering the tempo he plays at. We need more players to play like that.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Great road win and to see O'brien. O'brien, Wilson, Stephenson, and hopefully Walker is a lot of enthusiasm added to the team.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Almost 30 minutes for Carlson.
9th game missed by Nisky

Vrana, only 10+ minutes. Only LOB with less than him, but still 10+ too

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Bruins board before the game, and during the game (before the 1st goal)

I expect Wilson to run virtually everyone through the boards with no response.

Tom Wilson is a bad hockey player that is only good at racking up huge penalty minutes and running around like an idiot. If anything they should be excited every time when he hits the ice, since it means they get to take advantage of playing 5 vs 4.5 hockey.

Don't worry about Wilson, the Bruins will call up a guy to deal with him right? Maybe not...

Wilson loves to go after the smaller, physically weak players.
what?????

I wonder who Wilson and Ovechkin are going to try to injure tonight
Rask's net :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wilson is a dirty bugger, but he also picks his spots. OV has and always has been reckless/careless, which is almost more dangerous.

Tom Wilson already taking runs. Definition of a loser.

Tom Wilson is just the worst.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I am not seeing much hockey but trying to keep up. It appears that at a glance that Orpik doesn't look like a worn out vet that is a 6 at best. Could this be? Even at that 25mins is a lot to ask for from a guy his age. Meanwhile, what is up with Orlov? Seems to me that Carlson is getting 29mins as a direct result of something missing with Orlov. I had thought they were rotating partners with 9 to keep his ice up. Have they bagged that in favor of Bowey and thrown the ice at 74?

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Were Orpik and Carlson together a lot? It seemed so, but I couldn't tell as the 3rd was a mishmash after Orpik's 4min minor.

As I've said in here repeatedly, they looked really good back in 14-15. Perhaps that is truly the 2md pair, once Niskanen comes back (unless they make a trade)

Did Djoos and Bowey play much together in Hershey last year?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Eh, I put Pasta's goal mostly on 74. That was his man.
That play ended up being a 3 on 2 because the forwards made a bad line change. Carlson initially took the other winger which was why he was late getting to the guy. Orpik should have backed off of Bergeron on the play and covered the pass to the guy in the center. Bergeron was along the boards and wasn't a threat to score from there. Maybe some miscommunication but the real problem was no help from a forward

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Were Orpik and Carlson together a lot? It seemed so, but I couldn't tell as the 3rd was a mishmash after Orpik's 4min minor.

As I've said in here repeatedly, they looked really good back in 14-15. Perhaps that is truly the 2md pair, once Niskanen comes back (unless they make a trade)

Did Djoos and Bowey play much together in Hershey last year?
No offence but Carlson is our number one dman. He is carrying this core right now.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Walker is small and being outmuscled easily. His stickwork is not good enough. Bigger experienced NHL players just zone him out and take a puck from him like a toy from kids hands. His tenacity is not enough I guess.

Stephenson looks more promising than him. Calmer and more effective. I can see Stephenson-Beagle-Connolly 4th line when everyone's healthy. Chiasson being the scratch.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Stephenson can play. Great motor rate, and decent amount of skill and hockey IQ for a bottom 6 guy, especially considering the tempo he plays at. We need more players to play like that.
I knew Stephenson was a very good 2 way player. Never understood how Walker was kept with the big club over Stephenson. I'd like to see the Caps eventually use Stephenson on the pk. In junior he was the best penalty killer in the WHL and he was solid killing penalties with the Hershey Bears.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Watch the whole shift before Ovi's goal. Ov did a lot of work on the boards before getting opened up from the far right corner. Also, that pass from Orlov... that was risky but high skilled thing that enabled the play. Nice combination.

Also, imagined the goal with Ovi dumping the puck to himself from the boards on a breakaway then one-timing it. A highlight of his life. Ovechkin helps Ovechkin to score from Ovechkin island.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Walker is small and being outmuscled easily. His stickwork is not good enough. Bigger experienced NHL players just zone him out and take a puck from him like a toy from kids hands. His tenacity is not enough I guess.

Stephenson looks more promising than him. Calmer and more effective. I can see Stephenson-Beagle-Connolly 4th line when everyone's healthy. Chiasson being the scratch.
I think Stephenson should stay on the 3rd line. I'd bump Smith Pelly down.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Could be a while before Connolly is healthy though
At Kettler yesterday for the blood drive. Both Niskanen and Connolly were on ice with some unknowns (no numbers on their helmets). Niskanen only using the one hand to hold the stick while leaving the other injured hand just dangling. Would have say that just on these observations it's going to be a while before we see his return. Connolly spent most of the time that I observed him just leaning against the boards and talking with some of the other players on ice. Niskanen appeared to be doing more skating than Connolly.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I think Stephenson should stay on the 3rd line. I'd bump Smith Pelly down.

There is a problem with that. Vrana and Bura can't play 1RW either. Oshie can... but Backstrom will have nobody to play with then seemingly. DSP kinda works with 8-92. Maybe they go with 8-19-Vrana/Bura even. But I don't see much effectiveness out of top-6 now. There is the f***ing cohesion?! :P

I think they will use one of Vrana and Bura with Backstrom and one with Eller for now.
This leaves Stephenson as 4LW until Eller is traded ;)

PS: If there is little chance for the cup I'd trade both 20 and 83 unless they agree to some friendly contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->