Confirmed with Link: Capitals to host Maple Leafs in Outdoor Game March 3rd 2018

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Not sure I like this...this game will mean more to us than the Caps. While the Capitals continue to choke in the playoffs, they have no problem getting to the playoffs. We're still a young team that isn't a lock to make the playoffs. Playing on bad ice hurts us, especially this late in the season. We are undefeated in outdoor games though in recent games though.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Not sure I like this...this game will mean more to us than the Caps. While the Capitals continue to choke in the playoffs, they have no problem getting to the playoffs. We're still a young team that isn't a lock to make the playoffs. Playing on bad ice hurts us, especially this late in the season. We are undefeated in outdoor games though in recent games though.

Huh?

themightyquinn

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
Washington is an amazing city to visit if you love history and politics.

That being said, the endless chants of "USA, USA, USA" from the Naval Academy students will get tiring real fast.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Ya really. I just realized - this game isn't in January - it's March - In Washington! Too warm, no?
Temperatures reached as high as 35 Celsius during the Las Vegas exhibition game between the Rangers and Kings in 1991. I'm pretty sure humidity is the bigger issue between the two anyway.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Didn't someone say that there would be no alternative jerseys unless it was an outdoor game in the other thread? Maybe we get to see those red jerseys afterall.

The 150th will be over by the time this game is played

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011

That being said, the endless chants of "USA, USA, USA" from the Naval Academy students will get tiring real fast.

This was my first thought. We're the biggest Canadian rival to them after that playoff series and this allows for some nationalist showboating against a country with a softer military. Seems like a dumb choice with overtly political motives.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto

I would laugh tbh. Their team is led by Russian and Swedish star while the Leafs team is led by young American phenom.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Cool.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the two outdoor games the Leafs have participated in. Wish it was sooner than March though.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I would laugh tbh. Their team is led by Russian and Swedish star while the Leafs team is led by young American phenom.
Assuming the Capitals don't re-sign Shattenkirk and Oshie, they might have only 3 American born players on their roster next season. That's if they don't sign or trade for other American born players.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I looked up the seating capacity of where the game is happening and assuming they don't add extra seats, the capacity will be less than BMO Field was for the Centennial Classic. I bring that up because that was the reason given to why Toronto couldn't have hosted an outdoor game.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
L.T Smash is that you?

giphy.gif

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Will this be the latest an outdoor game has been held? It could potentially be after the trade deadline...

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
March 3rd in Maryland? The NHL is getting riskier with scheduling these outdoor games. The cherry blossoms in Washington come out only a few weeks later. Annapolis is a considerably colder place than Washington, I guess from Chesapeake Bay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad