Confirmed with Link: Capitals to host Maple Leafs in Outdoor Game March 3rd 2018

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Well, they say we are the new Blackhawks :laugh:
Oooo :naughty:

Seems like a good choice though, honestly. A team at their peak against a team on the rise led by the American Dreamboat.

I guess this means a third sweater too!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Oooo :naughty:

Seems like a good choice though, honestly. A team at their peak against a team on the rise led by the American Dreamboat.

I also imagine the Leafs-Caps series had great ratings for NBC

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
I also imagine the Leafs-Caps series had great ratings for NBC
Indeed. According to the Washington Post, Game 6 had the third-highest rating (combined between CSN and NBCSN) in the Washington market for a first-round game (behind two game sevens) while the average rating for the entire series saw a 14% increase over their series against Philly last season.

They're striking while the iron is hot.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
We seem an odd choice honestly. Though looking at the ratings numbers I suppose it makes sense. From a rivalry standpoint though there's no history or proximity to draw on. We aren't even in the same division.

I'd have rather faced Buffalo.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
what the hell... go call up sid and drag him out there. The novelty of these things is starting to go down for me... idk about you guys. The quality of hockey usually sucks with them as well. At least the boys are getting a lot of "good experiences" while their young I suppose. When is the arizona colorado outdoor game happening?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Both Toronto and Washington are undefeated in outdoor games.

Leafs won the 2014 Winter Classic and Centennial Classic.

Capitals won the 2011 and 2015 Winter Classic.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The game will be played on the campus of the United States Naval Academy. The stadium is relatively small and most seats will probably be given to the students

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
The game will be played on the campus of the United States Naval Academy. The stadium is relatively small and most seats will probably be given to the students

giphy.gif

:naughty:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Maybe it's to help make up for the league kind of shafting us on our centennial season.

Sounds good though. Another fun experience for the young team and this time against a team that isn't Detroit :laugh:. The rationale makes sense too. The Leafs have a lot of young stars that do draw attention and did just have a good playoff series.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005

Hopefully if he isn't in jail or in disgrace by then, Donald Fatass won't be there. That's the last thing I want to see at my Leaf game...

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Hopefully if he isn't in jail or in disgrace by then, Donald Fatass won't be there. That's the last thing I want to see at my Leaf game...

Well that was out of left field.

As was this news. Hopefully those red jerseys aren't the ones they are fonna wear for this.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Didn't someone say that there would be no alternative jerseys unless it was an outdoor game in the other thread? Maybe we get to see those red jerseys afterall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad